South Carolina is a southeastern region of the United States which witnesses an annual growth rate of 3.13%.(1) Being the 23rd most populous state of the US, it works effectively in achieving high standards of healthcare through good educational and employment opportunities. LPNs constitute 21% of the nurses in the state and according to the study of Bureau of Labor Statistics, they are expected to grow by 25% by the year 2020.(2) Due to a shortage of nurses in the state, many health providers give free training in order to attract people and in return they offer you the opportunity to work for them for a year or so. Being a member of nurse licensure compact, the state does not require any additional license from the nurses of other NLC states to work in South Carolina. Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) in South Carolina earn an average of $18.01/hr and a yearly income of $37,450.(3) The state has many colleges to get into an LPN course. Some of the colleges approved by the state are enlisted in the article:
1. The candidate must reach the age of 18 years.
2. Minimum educational qualification to apply for the course is the completion of high school.
3. The student should have a clear criminal history and must pass the drug screening test.
4. The student must have a valid ID proof.
5. The medical report and other immunizations documents must be submitted at the time of enrollment.
6. A copy of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification should be given.
7. The student must provide a fingerprint report.
8. Certain schools require students to complete college credits in Math, Psychology, English, Anatomy and Physiology. Check the requirement from your selected school.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
The LPN course, which lasts for an year develops all the knowledge and skills required to become a successful LPN. The content of the course includes preventing and managing internal and external hazards, communication skills improvement , anatomy, physiology, risk factors related to infection, the signs and symptoms of infection and standard precautions. As you learn more about human health and disease, you will gain some practical exposure by moving out of the classroom into any clinical settings which will enhance your practical skills too. The successful completion of the course enables an individual to appear for the NCLEX-PN test. The test is essential to obtain a license which is required for working as an LPN. After acquiring the license, you are allowed to work as a professional in the state.
Accredited LPN Schools In South Carolina
- Trident Technical College
Address: PO Box 118067, Charleston, SC 29423
Contact Number: 877-349-7184 (Toll-Free)
Official Website: www.tridenttech.edu
- York Technical College
Address: 452 South Anderson Road, Rock Hill, SC 29730
Contact Number: 803-327-8000
Official Website: www.yorktech.edu
- Greenville Technical College
Address: PO Box 5616, Greenville, SC 29606
Contact Number: 864-250-8000
Official Website: www.gvltec.edu
- Piedmont Technical College
Address: 620 North Emerald Road, Greenwood, SC 29648
Contact Number: 800-868-5528
Official Website: www.ptc.edu
- Midlands Technical College
Address: P.O. Box 2408, Columbia, SC 29202
Contact Number: 800-922-8038
Official Website: www.midlandstech.edu
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
- Williamsburg Technical College
Address: 601 Martin Luther King Junior Avenue, Kingstree, SC 29556
Contact Number: 800-768-2021
Official Website: www.wiltech.edu
- Aiken Technical College
Address: 2276 J. Davis Highway, Graniteville, SC 29829
Contact Number: 803-593-9231
Official Website: www.atc.edu
- Tri County Technical College
Address: 7900 Highway 76 Pendleton, SC 29670
Contact Number: 866-269-5677
Official Website: www.tctc.edu
- Technical College Of The Low Country
Address: 921 Ribaut Road, Beaufort, SC 29901
Contact Number: 843-525-8211
Official Website: www.tcl.edu
- Kershaw County School District
Address: 2029 West Dekalb Street, Camden, SC 29020
Contact Number: 803-432-8416
Official Website: www.kcsdschools.net
- Horry Georgeton Technical College
Address: 2050 Highway 501, East Conway, South Carolina 29528-6066
Contact Number: 855-544-4482 (Toll-Free)
Official Website: www.hgtc.edu
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!
- Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College
Address: 3250 Street Matthews Road, Orangeburg, SC 29118
Contact Number: 800-813-6519
Official Website: www.octech.edu
- Florence Darlington Technical College
Address: 2715 West Lucas Street, Florence, SC 29501-0548
Contact Number: 800-228-5745
Official Website: www.fdtc.edu
- Denmark Technical College
Address: 1126 Solomon Blatt Boulevard, Denmark, South Carolina 29042-0327
Contact Number: 803-793-5176
Official Website: www.denmarktech.edu
- ECPI College of Technology- Greenville Campus
Address: 1001 Keys Drive, Greenville, SC 29615
Contact Number: 864-438-5018
Official Website: www.ecpi.edu