The landlocked state does not disappoint the LPN aspirants by providing quality education and maintaining a good health standard. The healthcare system of the state lives up to the expectations of its citizens .LPNs make up to 29% of the nurses in the state which is quite high. The LPN pathway to nursing is quickest of all as the duration of course is less, i.e. just 12-18 months in comparison to other nursing courses. Individual can opt for regular, part time or online classes according to his convenience. The state’s nursing jobs are on the rise. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics prediction, LPN jobs are expected to increase by 21% by 2020. LPNs in the state earn a decent amount of 3300$ on an average per month. The course is conveniently customised by the institutions to suit the needs of the candidates, whether regular or weekend and web based too. The candidates interested in becoming an LPN and to serve the mankind can go through the eligibility criteria and list of schools in Tennessee in this article.
1. Licensed practical nursing education programs require applicants to possess a high school diploma or its equivalent
2. LPN programs have specific course prerequisites, such as biology or a related medical science and college-level English.
3. The candidate must be minimum 18 years of age.
4. He must be clear of any criminal record and should provide a document reflecting that.
5. Finger print report is to be shown.
6. Candidate must have a valid photo id.
7. Students are required to submit complete medical form, demonstrate proof practical of MMR and a negative drug screen-test.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
The program is structured in such a way that it develops the basic competencies required to sit for the licensure exam, NCLEX-PN, to become licensed as a practical nurse. The course covers the theoretical and practical aspects related to nursing. Clinical rotations during the course improve the nursing skills by widening the knowledge in different fields. Fundamentals of nursing care, pharmacology, drug calculation, nutrition and diet therapy, introduction to psychology are various areas covered during the course. This group of healthcare provides care to the patients 24 hours so the candidate must be flexible with the working hours. Following is the list of state approved colleges which provide LPN training.
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Nashville
Address: 100 White Bridge Road Nashville, TN 37209
Contact Number: (615) 425-5500
Official Website: www.tcatnashville.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Knoxville
Address: 1100 Liberty Street, Knoxville, TN 37919
Contact Number: (865) 546-5567
Official Website: www.tcatknoxville.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Hohenwald
Address: 813 West Main Street, Hohenwald, TN 38462
Contact Number: 931-796-5351
Official Website: www.tcathohenwald.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Oneida/Huntsville
Address: 355 Scott High Drive Huntsville, TN 37756-4149
Contact Number: (423) 663-4900
Official Website: www.tcatoneida.edu
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Dickson
Address: 740 Highway 46 Dickson, Tennessee 37055
Contact Number: 615-441-6220
Official Website: www.tcatdickson.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Shelbyville
Address: 1405 Madison Street Shelbyville, TN. 37160
Contact Number: (931) 685-5013
Official Website: www.tcatshelbyville.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Morristown
Address: 821 West Louise Avenue Morristown, TN 37813-2094
Contact Number: (423) 586-5771
Official Website: www.tcatmorristown.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Livingston
Address: 740 Hi Tech Drive Livingston, TN 38570
Contact Number: 931-823-5525
Official Website: www.tcatlivingston.edu
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Jackson
Address: 2468 Technology Center Drive Jackson, TN 38301
Contact Number: 731.424.0691
Official Website: www.tcatjackson.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Memphis
Address: 550 Alabama Avenue, Memphis, TN 38105
Contact Number: (901) 543-6100
Official Website: www.tcatmemphis.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Pulaski
Address: 1233 E. College St. P.O. Box 614 Pulaski, TN 38478
Contact Number: (931) 424-4017
Official Website: www.tcatpulaski.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Elizabethon
Address: 426 Highway 91, Elizabethton, TN 37643
Contact Number: 423-543-0070
Official Website: www.tcatelizabethton.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Ripley
Address: 127 Industrial Drive Ripley, TN 38063-7360
Contact Number: (731) 635-3368
Official Website: www.tcatripley.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Hartsville
Address: 716 McMurry Blvd Hartsville, TN 37074
Contact Number: (615) 374-2147
Official Website: www.tcathartsville.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Athens
Address: 1635 Technology Way Athens, TN 37303
Contact Number: (423) 744-2814
Official Website: www.tcatathens.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Crossville
Address: 910 Miller Avenue Crossville TN 38555
Contact Number: 877-811-7502
Official Website: www.tcatcrossville.edu
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Paris
Address: W.J. Neese Campus, 312 S. Wilson Street Paris, Tennessee 38242
Contact Number: 731-644-7365
Official Website: www.tcatparis.edu
- Chattanooga State Community College
Address: 4501 Amnicola Highway Chattanooga, TN 37406
Contact Number: 423.697.4404
Official Website: www.chattanoogastate.edu
- Blount Memorial Hospital
Address: 907 East Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville, TN 37804
Contact Number: 1-800-448-0219
Official Website: www.blountmemorial.org