Registered Nurse Salary in Alabama

As per the reports of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of registered nurses employed in Alabama, in May 2013, was 43,600. The average annual RN salary in AL was $55,870. The mean and median hourly wages were calculated to be approximately $26.86 and $26.20 respectively. Employment per 1000 jobs was 23.646. On October 8, 2014, according to indeed.com, the average registered nurse salary in Alabama was $67,000. Mean pay of these professionals for job postings in AL was 1% higher than mean RN pay for job postings throughout the USA. If you are also planning a career as an RN, you first need to get admittance in an approved RN school in Alabama. Then, clear the national level exam to obtain the certification.

Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Alabama (AL) on Different Percentile Brackets

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.


The table below shows wages of RNs on different percentile brackets. At different percentile levels, the income of registered nurses was also different.

  • 90% of RNs made less than $73,640; 10% made more than $73,640.
  • 75% of registered nurses earned less than $63,970; the remaining 25% earned more than $63,970.
  • 50% of the employees earned less than $54,490; the rest of 50% earned more than $54,490.
  • 25% of RNs were paid annual wages less than $46,160; 75% were paid more than $46,160.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $40,740; 90% were offered more than $40,740.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$73,640

75%

$63,970

50%

$54,490

25%

$46,160

10%

$40,740

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

Salary as per Geographical Location

Many factors including your location, work profile, education, experience and the industry, directly or indirectly affect your income. As a fresher from a medical school, you may not be offered very lucrative salary straightaway. However, as you gain experience of years and knowledge, you’d enjoy better prospects. The top paying cities of AL are Huntsville, Madison and Tanner which offer median pay of $66,911 per annum. With $56,262 median yearly salary, Georgiana is the lowest paying city. The median hourly wages fluctuates from $28 to $32.

Name of the City

Median Annual Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Auburn

$58,480

$4,873

$1,125

$28

Birmingham

$64,238

$5,353

$1,235

$31

Decatur

$60,374

$5,031

$1,161

$29

Dothan

$56,937

$4,745

$1,095

$27

Florence

$57,323

$4,777

$1,102

$28

Gadsden

$61,862

$5,155

$1,190

$30

Georgiana

$56,262

$4,688

$1,082

$27

Huntsville

$66,911

$5,576

$1,287

$32

Madison

$66,911

$5,576

$1,287

$32

Mobile

$62,971

$5,248

$1,211

$30

Montgomery

$62,433

$5,203

$1,201

$30

Prattville

$62,433

$5,203

$1,201

$30

Tanner

$66,911

$5,576

$1,287

$32

Tuscaloosa

$57,639

$4,803

$1,108

$28

Information Source- salary.com

Salary of Similar Job Titles

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

As a registered nurse, you can work in a wide range of working areas. Different job positions include diverse job responsibilities and dissimilar salaries. Some job titles may be better paid than others. With annual income of $71,000, Clinical Nurse Manager was the highest paid designation. RN First Assistants were the second highest paid professionals who made $66,000. People with other job titles earned between $58,000 and $65,000.

RN First Assistant $66,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse $62,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse $64,000
RN Outpatient Oncology $58,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse $63,000
Psychiatric Nurse $58,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse $64,000
Endoscopy Nurse $59,000
Clinical Nurse Manager $71,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse $65,000
Postpartum Nurse $59,000
Pediatric Nurse $59,000
Ambulatory Nurse $61,000
Progressive Care Nurse $60,000
Home Health Nurse $62,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

  • Paid time-offs
  • Health insurance
  • Child care support/adoption support
  • Pension and retirement plans
  • Travel benefits, etc.

Job Outlook

As stated by the U.S. Department of Labor, RN is one of the top 10 fastest-growing professions in this state. Between 2008 and 2018, the growth in the jobs for registered nurses is projected from 9% to 17%. In May 2013, employment per 1000 jobs for RNs was 23.646. These statistics indicate that the job opportunities for registered nurses would be excellent in the impending years. The highest demand for RN occupation is anticipated in physicians’ offices. Home healthcare is likely to provide the second highest number of jobs followed by nursing care facilities, employment services and hospitals.