Registered Nurse Salary in Maine

Registered nurses are the indispensable part of every healthcare industry. It is rightly said by Val Saintsbury- “Nurses dispense comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription.” They work wholly for the well-being of the society. Registered nurse salary in Maine is higher for those, who hold advance certification and higher level of experience. In comparison to other occupations, registered nurses earn lower income. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, around 13,890 RNs were employed, and employment per 1000 jobs was 23.842, the mean annual salary was $62,640, and hourly wages were $30.12, in May 2013. Due to the increasing demand of nurses, they have chances to receive decent and adequate salary packages. As per indeed.com, the average salary of registered nurses in the Maine, in October 2014, was $59,000. The average RN salary for job postings is 12% lower than national average salary. So, get admittance in a renowned program school and pursue a thriving career.

Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Maine (ME) Salary on Different Percentile Brackets

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.


The table below exhibits wages of RNs on different percentile brackets. At different percentile levels, the income of registered nurses was also different.

  • 90% of RNs made less than $84,130; 10% made more than $84,130.
  • 75% of registered nurses earned less than $$72,560; the remaining 25% earned more than $72,560.
  • 50% of the employees earned less than $61,680; the rest of 50% earned more than $61,680.
  • 25% of RNs were paid annual wages less than $52,320; 75% were paid more than $52,320.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $45,210; 90% were offered more than $45,210.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90th

$84,130

75th

$72,560

50th

$61,680

25th

$52,320

10th

$45,210

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

Salary as per Geographical Location

It is concluded from below table that Biddeford, Portland, Saco, South Portland, Westbrook and Windham are the highest paying cities in ME with a median pay of $70,982 per year, monthly median salary of $5,915and hourly wages (median) of $34. Augusta is the lowest paying city that pays $61,800 yearly, $5,150 monthly and $30 on an hourly basis.

Name of the City

Median Annual Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Auburn

$65,650

$5,471

$1,263

$32

Augusta

$61,800

$5,150

$1,188

$30

Bangor

$62,716

$5,226

$1,206

$30

Biddeford

 $70,982

$5,915

$1,365

$34

Lewiston

$65,636

$5,470

$1,262

$32

Portland

$70,982

$5,915

$1,365

$34

Saco

$70,982

$5,915

$1,365

$34

South Portland

$70,982

$5,915

$1,365

$34

Westbrook

$70,982

$5,915

$1,365

$34

Windham

$70,982

$5,915

$1,365

$34

Information Source- salary.com

Salary of Professionals with Similar Job Titles

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

The higher would be your designation, the more recognition, acknowledgement and salary you’ll get. The following table provides information about pay of nurses with different job titles. According to indeed.com, in October 2014, Clinical Nurse Manager earns $62,000 which is highest among all. All the remaining professionals earn between $51,000 and $58,000.

RN First Assistant $58,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse $54,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse $56,000
RN Outpatient Oncology $51,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse $55,000
Psychiatric Nurse $51,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse $56,000
Endoscopy Nurse $52,000
Clinical Nurse Manager $62,000
Postpartum Nurse $52,000
Pediatric Nurse $52,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse $57,000
Progressive Care Nurse $52,000
Ambulatory Nurse $53,000
Home Health Nurse $55,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

Employers give the additional benefits for the overall well being and improvement in living standard of the registered nurses. These benefits include:

  • Memberships
  • Retirement and pension plan
  • Paid time offs
  • Refreshments
  • Financial aid for further studies
  • Insurances
  • Annual bonus
  • Excellent overtime

Job Outlook

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!

The employment opportunities for RNs are anticipated to be among the top of all other healthcare careers. Overall 19 percent growth of these professionals is expected in the United States which equates to 526,800 new job openings by the end of the year 2022. Easy access to healthcare services, requirement to replace the workers who have retired, etc. are some of the factors that brighten the job prospects for nurses in the coming decade.