Registered Nurse Salary in Missouri

According to the data of US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), as of May 2013, the mean average registered nurse salary in Missouri was $58,040 annually and 27.90 hourly. The state employed 64,870 nurses in the year 2013, and the employment per 1000 jobs was 24.579. As per the figures on indeed.com as of Oct 2014, the average RN salary in MO was $65,000. The Average RN salary for job postings was 2% lower as compared to the national average. The salary is affected by a number of factors such as work settings, cost of living of your region, experience and the level of your education. If you aspire to attain a thriving career, then complete your nursing education from an approved school and clear the licensing exam.

Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Missouri  (MO) on Different Percentile Brackets

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Find A School

The table below reveals the percentile income anticipated for Registered Nurses. The salary of an RN varies at different percentile levels

  • 90% of Registered nurses were paid less than $78,980 while the remaining 10% were paid more than $78,980.
  • 75% of employees earned less than $69,160; the remaining 25% made more than $69,160.
  • 50% of the RNs were paid less than $56,690; the rest of 50% were paid more than $56,690.
  • 25% of RNs were offered annual salary less than $46,090 whereas 75% were offered more than $46,090.
  • 10% of nurses earned less than $40,330; 90% earned more than $40,330.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$78,980

75%

$69,160

50%

$56,690

25%

$46,090

10%

$40,330

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

Salary as per Geographical Location

The working location majorly affects your pay and varies in every city. With the given table, you can decide the city of your choice and earn a better income. Blue Springs, Independence, Kansas City and Lees Summit are among the top cities, which paid the highest salary to RNs with Median Monthly Salary and Hourly Salary of $5,649 and $33 respectively.

Name of the City

Median Annual

 Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Blue Springs

$67,792

$5,649

$1,304

$33

Chesterfield

$67,531

$5,628

$1,299

$32

Columbia

$62,020

$5,168

$1,193

$30

Florissant

$67,531

$5,628

$1,299

$32

Independence

$67,792

$5,649

$1,304

$33

Jefferson City

$62,020

$5,168

$1,193

$30

Joplin

$53,851

$4,488

$1,036

$26

Kansas City

$67,792

$5,649

$1,304

$33

Lees Summit

$67,792

$5,649

$1,304

$33

O Fallon

$63,157

$5,263

$1,215

$30

Saint Charles

$67,531

$5,628

$1,299

$32

Saint Joseph

$62,427

$5,202

$1,201

$30

Saint Louis

$67,531

$5,628

$1,299

$32

Saint Peters

$67,531

$5,628

$1,299

$32

Springfield

$62,282

$5,190

$1,198

$30

Information Source- salary.com (as of October 2014)

Salary of Professionals Holding Related Job Positions

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

The designation of a registered nurse decides his/her salary. RN with a higher position receives greater income as compared to a person with lower designation. Among all the position, Clinical Nurse Manager receives the highest one, i.e. $68,000. The figures in below table reveal the wages for each and every designation.

RN First Assistant $64,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse $60,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse $62,000
RN Outpatient Oncology $56,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse $61,000
Psychiatric Nurse $56,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse $62,000
Endoscopy Nurse $57,000
Clinical Nurse Manager $68,000
Postpartum Nurse $58,000
Pediatric Nurse $58,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse $63,000
Progressive Care Nurse $58,000
Ambulatory Nurse $59,000
Home Health Nurse $61,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

The other benefits given to the registered nurses are-

  • Childcare support
  • Various memberships related to the organization
  • Leave benefits
  • Retirement and Pension plan
  • Travel benefits
  • Paid time offs
  • Health insurance Disability insurance
  • Maternity leave

Job Outlook

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!

The hospitals and various health care services always need nurses to serve the society and nation, hence, the job outlook is expected to be positive. The heath care institutions will collapse without the nurses. The high turnover of hospitals generates new job openings. Majority of the duties in these places are performed by a nurse that results in a shortage of the nursing workforce.  People who possess valid nursing degrees and better experience and exposure are preferred by the employers, and they have good job prospects in Missouri.


 

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.