Registered Nurse Salary in Montana

The Registered nurse salary in Montana is affected by a number of factors, like location, specialization within the field, years of experience, etc. A survey conducted by indeed.com reveals that in October 2014, the average RN salary was $56,000 which is 17% lower than other states of US. The figures provided by US Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013) proved that the state employed 9,040 registered nurses. The average annual salary in MT was $60,700, and the mean hourly wage was $29.18. Employment per 1000 jobs was 20.597.

The demand of nurses is ever-increasing because of the aging population, preventive care, economic pressures and technology advancement. Hence, in order to become a competent nurse, one needs to undergo a rigorous program program to the certification process. There are a number of schools in Montana that provide RN program.

Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Montana (MT) on Different Percentile Brackets

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.


The figures in the table below show the percentile income for Registered Nurses. The annual wages of an RN change at different percentile levels.

  • 90% of RNs earned less than $79,420; 10% earned more than $79,420.
  • 75% of registered nurses were paid less than $69,490; the remaining 25% were paid more than $69,490.
  • 50% of RNs received less than $58,840; the rest of 50% received more than $58,840.
  • 25% of the employees were offered salary less than $52,130; 75% were offered more than $52,130.
  • 10% of nurses made less than $46,030; while 90% of nurses made more than $46,030.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$79,420

75%

$69,490

50%

$58,840

25%

$52,130

10%

$46,030

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

Salary as per Geographical Location

If you analyze the below table, you will find that Kalispell was the highest paying city in the state with the median annual salary of $62,544 and median monthly salary of $5,212. The lowest paying cities were Bozeman and Missoula with an annual salary of $41,377.

Name of the City

Median Annual

 Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Billings

$60,477

$5,040

$1,163

$29

Bozeman

$41,377

$3,448

$796

$20

Butte

$48,823

$4,069

$939

$23

Great Falls

$59,720

$4,977

$1,148

$29

Helena

$55,153

$4,596

$1,061

$27

Kalispell

$62,544

$5,212

$1,203

$30

Missoula

$41,377

$3,448

$796

$20

Information Source- salary.com (as of October 2014)

Salary of Professionals Holding Related Job Positions

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

There are numerous job positions in the nursing world attached with some specific roles and responsibilities. Person with higher responsibilities is entitled to receive accordingly. A Clinical Nurse Managers take on so many responsibilities and therefore earns the highest income, i.e. $58,000. Psychiatric Nurse and RN Outpatient Oncology earned the lowest salary of $48,000. The other job holders pay range from $49,000 to $55,000.

RN First Assistant $55,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse $51,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse $53,000
RN Outpatient Oncology $48,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse $52,000
Psychiatric Nurse $48,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse $53,000
Endoscopy Nurse $49,000
Clinical Nurse Manager $58,000
Postpartum Nurse $49,000
Pediatric Nurse $49,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse $53,000
Progressive Care Nurse $49,000
Ambulatory Nurse $50,000
Home Health Nurse $51,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits for RNs

The registered nurses are given these benefits other than the salary to fulfil all their demands and to lead a good life. These benefits include –

  • Childcare support
  • Various memberships related to the organization
  • Leave benefits
  • Disability insurance
  • Maternity leave
  • Health insurance
  • Dental coverage

Job Outlook

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!

In this century, the requirement of nurses is not confined to basic nurse qualities. So, it is crucial to possess degrees of advanced courses and work experience; such candidates are considered by the higher authorities due to higher education which enables them to give the best of services. The job prospects are good, and vacancies are frequently announced. Hence, it is crucial that one works sincerely to proceed towards a brighter future in nursing. There is high demand and need for registered nurses in all the fields owing to the shortage of nurses.