Find schools and get information on the program Find

Registered Nurse Salary in Nebraska

Nursing is considered to be a very gracious and dignified profession in the United States. One needs profound knowledge and practical experience to work in the nursing sector. There are so many accredited schools in Nebraska that prepare students for licensing examination. The registered nurse salary in Nebraska is affected by a number of factors that may involve economical conditions and individual’s background. As per the data provided by US Bureau of Labor Statistics, in May 2013, the hourly and annually mean wage of a registered nurse in Nebraska was $27.37 and $56,920 respectively. In this year, the state employed 19,550 RNs and Employment per 1,000 jobs was likely to be 21.082. Average annual RN salary in NE, in October 2014, according to the figures of indeed.com was $49,000 which was 27% lower than the average RN salary of the country.

Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Nebraska (NE) on Different Percentile Brackets

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.


The table below reveals the Registered Nurse income on different percentile brackets:

  • 90% earned an amount less than $75,310; while the rest 10% earned more than $75,310.
  • 75% of RNs were paid less than $66,660; 25% were paid more than $66,660.
  • 50% of the registered nurses made less than $55,820; while the other 50% earned more than $55,820.
  • 25% of employees were offered salary less than $46,720; 75% were offered more than $46,720.
  • 10% of RNs made less than $41,250; the remaining 90% earned more than $41,250.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$75,310

75%

$66,660

50%

$55,820

25%

$46,720

10%

$41,250

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

Salary as per Geographical Location

Geographical location and cost of living are the two major factors that affect your salary. The table below shows the salaries of different cities of Nebraska. The lowest Median annual salary was provided North Platte, i.e. $48,451 while the highest median annual pay was offered by Bellevue and Omaha, i.e. $65,140.

Name of the City

Median Annual

 Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Bellevue

$65,140

$5,428

$1,253

$31

Fremont

$55,552

$4,629

$1,068

$27

Grand Island

$49,456

$4,121

$951

$24

Hastings

$49,456

$4,121

$951

$24

Kearney

$49,456

$4,121

$951

$24

Lincoln

$59,788

$4,982

$1,150

$29

Norfolk

$50,992

$4,249

$981

$25

North Platte

$48,451

$4,038

$932

$23

Omaha

$65,140

$5,428

$1,253

$31

Information Source- salary.com (as of October 2014)

Salary of Professionals Holding Similar Designations

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

There is an array of job titles in Nebraska. Each position holds several responsibilities. Clinical Nurse Managers were the highest paid professionals with an income of $51,000 while RN Outpatient Oncology and Psychiatric Nurse received the lowest income of $42,000. The professionals were offered between $48,000 and $43,000.

RN First Assistant$48,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse$45,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse$46,000
RN Outpatient Oncology$42,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse$45,000
Psychiatric Nurse$42,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse$46,000
Endoscopy Nurse$43,000
Clinical Nurse Manager$51,000
Postpartum Nurse$43,000
Pediatric Nurse$43,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse$47,000
Progressive Care Nurse$43,000
Ambulatory Nurse$44,000
Home Health Nurse$45,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

The registered nurses are entitled to get certain benefits for their welfare and safety. They might include –

  • Leave benefits
  • Paid time offs
  • Health insurance
  • Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
  • Disability insurance
  • Paid education leave
  • Experience credit

Job Outlook

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!

The opportunities in the field of nursing are everlasting. The job openings are constantly emerging for the registered nurses. Besides, certifications are accessible in most of the areas of nursing, which can result into better salary packages and acknowledgment in this industry. Due to the high level of competition, it is very important that applicants grab the opportunity quickly. They need to have a strong educational base and practical experience. Nurses become the privileged leaders of the groups and are given management positions, after working for several years in a specific field.


 

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.