Registered Nurse Salary in New Mexico

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the mean hourly and annual registered nurse salary was $31.20 and $64,900, respectively, in May 2013. As per the data, the number of nurses employed in the NM was 14,540. Employment per 1000 jobs was 18.545. The average RN salary in New Mexico in October 2014 was $58,000 which was 13 % lower than the average national salary, as per the figures of indeed.com. An entry level job in the nursing sector requires a degree or a diploma from an accredited school. Afterwards, every student is ought to clear the NCLEX-RN examination. The certification norms varies in each state, hence, the state holds the responsibility for providing license to an RN.

Annual RN Salary in New Mexico (NM) on Different Percentile Brackets

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.


The table shows the salary statistics of registered nurses on different percentile brackets.

  • 90% of RNs paid an annual salary less than $86,180; while the remaining 10% enjoyed more than $86,180.
  • 75% of employees offered an amount less than $73,760; 25% were offered more than $73,760.
  • 50% were paid less than $64,070; the other 50% were paid more than $64,070.
  • 25% of registered nurses made an annual income less than $54,930; while remaining 75% made more than $54,930.
  • 10% of RNs earned less than $49,530; while the remaining 90% earned more than $49,530.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$86,180

75%

$73,760

50%

$64,070

25%

$54,930

10%

$49,530

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

Salary as per Geographical Location

According to the BLS, Geographical location and work settings indirectly influence a nurse salary. Besides, level of education, experience and the type of work you perform is also counted while determining your salary. Albuquerque and Rio Rancho are the highest paying cities of New Mexico with a Median Annual salary of $63,453 and Median Hourly Salary of $31. Roswell paid the lowest income of $38,677.

Name of the City

Median Annual Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Alamogordo

$52,453

$4,371

$1,009

$25

Albuquerque

$63,453

$5,288

$1,220

$31

Clovis

$51,619

$4,302

$993

$25

Farmington

$47,665

$3,972

$917

$23

Hobbs

$48,602

$4,050

$935

$23

Las Cruces

$54,967

$4,581

$1,057

$26

Rio Rancho

$63,453

$5,288

$1,220

$31

Roswell

$38,677

$3,223

$744

$19

Santa Fe

$61,442

$5,120

$1,182

$30

Sunland Park

$57,963

$4,830

$1,115

$28

Information Source- salary.com (as of October 2014)

Salary of Professionals Posted on Related Job Designations

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

A wide array of nursing positions is available in the nursing world that is assigned according to the area of expertise of an RN.  These designations not only bring responsibilities but also come with a heavy paycheck. For instance, Clinical Nurse Manager was the highest salaried professional with an income of $61,000. RN Outpatient Oncology and Psychiatric Nurse received the lowest salary of $50,000. Salary for other designation ranges between $51,000 and $57,000.

RN First Assistant $57,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse $53,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse $55,000
RN Outpatient Oncology $50,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse $54,000
Psychiatric Nurse $50,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse $55,000
Endoscopy Nurse $51,000
Clinical Nurse Manager $61,000
Postpartum Nurse Postpartum RN $51,000
Pediatric Nurse $51,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse $56,000
Progressive Care Nurse $52,000
Ambulatory Nurse $53,000
Home Health Nurse $54,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

The other benefits offered to all the registered nurses, in order to advance their standard of income and also to help them develop are –

  • Health insurance
  • Maternity leaves
  • Travel benefits
  • Paid holidays
  • Personal time off
  • Dental coverage

Job Outlook

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!

The job outlook is quite positive and encouraging. Registered Nurses are primarily engaged in Public Administration and Safety, Health Care and Social Assistance and Administrative and Support Services. The nurses are the most essential and vital element of any medical system. The hospitals and medical institutions can’t function without the workforce of nurses. Therefore, the requirement of the nurses will always be incessant.