Registered Nurse Salary in North Dakota

The state employed 7,750 registered nurses in the year 2013 with an annual and hourly salary of $56,030 and 26.94, respectively, according to the figures provided by US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Employment per thousand jobs was 18.333. The average salary in North Dakota was 11 % lower than the average salary all over the country. The RN salary in ND was $59,000 reported indeed.com as of in October 2014. Nursing is a noble profession that immensely impacts the lives of others people. It demands dedication, patience and rigorous program. There are so many schools in North Dakota that offer complete nursing program and thus make your way easy towards licensure.

Annual RN Salary in North Dakota  (ND) on Different Percentile Brackets

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.


The figures in below table give you an outline of the RN salary on different percentile brackets.

  • 90% of Registered nurses were offered an income less than $71,720per year; while the remaining 10% were offered more than $71,720
  • 75% made less than $62,260; 25% made more than $62,260.
  • 50% RNs received an amount less than $55,400; the other 50% got more than $55,400.
  • 25% were salaried less than $48,880; while rest 75% were salaried more than $48,880.
  • 10% of registered nurses earned less than $42,470; while the remaining 90% earned more than $42,470.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$71,720

75%

$62,260

50%

$55,400

25%

$48,880

10%

$42,470

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

Salary as per Geographical Location

There are various aspects that can affect the salary of a registered nurse. The major factors influencing your salary include the degree you hold and your place of work. Fargo and West Fargo are the cities that offer highest remuneration to the RNs. The median annual and monthly salary in the state was $65,196 and $5,433 as of Oct 2014. Dickinson and Minot paid very less ($48,699). So if you are a native of North Dakota, look into the salary figures of different cities and select a suitable one.

Name of the City

Median Annual Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Bismarck

$62,475

$5,206

$1,201

$30

Dickinson

$48,699

$4,058

$937

$23

Fargo

$65,196

$5,433

$1,254

$31

Grand Forks

$52,942

$4,412

$1,018

$25

Mandan

$62,475

$5,206

$1,201

$30

Minot

$48,699

$4,058

$937

$23

West Fargo

$65,196

$5,433

$1,254

$31

Information Source- salary.com (as of October 2014)

Salary of Professionals Posted on Related Job Designations

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

Registered Nurses are very much in demand and hence offered hefty packages. Nurses, who hold advanced degrees, are paid accordingly. Therefore, the salary figures may vary at different designation. There are a number of job titles in the nursing industry that are allotted in accordance to a person’s educational level, and degrees s/he holds. For example, Psychiatric Nurse and RN Outpatient Oncology come under lowest salaried professionals with an income of $51,000 while Clinical Nurse Managers were paid the highest salary, i.e. $62,000. The other professionals were paid between $52,000 and $58,000. Look into the table for complete information.

RN First Assistant $58,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse $54,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse $56,000
RN Outpatient Oncology $51,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse $55,000
Psychiatric Nurse $51,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse $56,000
Endoscopy Nurse $52,000
Clinical Nurse Manager $62,000
Postpartum Nurse Postpartum RN $52,000
Pediatric Nurse $52,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse $57,000
Progressive Care Nurse $53,000
Ambulatory Nurse $54,000
Home Health Nurse $55,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

The registered nurses can avail extra benefits for their well-being and development which include-

  • Leave benefits
  • Paid time offs
  • Health insurance
  • Retirement and Pension plan
  • Disability insurance
  • Dental coverage
  • Travel benefits
  • Childcare support

Job Outlook

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!

The job prospects are great, but the number of job openings may vary in different regions. A survey reveals that RN is the top most career in the health care world. If we consider the statistics, there are more openings in departments like nursing schools, operating rooms, critical care units and emergency units than any other division. Increasing number of jobs led to new units which offer long term rehabilitation to the people with head injuries and those who need treatment for Alzheimer. Therefore, the job market for nurses is expanding widely and will become stronger in the coming year, as new federal legislation and demographic movements in the nursing world will surely raise their numbers.