Registered Nurse Salary in Oklahoma

It requires a great deal of hard work, will and dedication to become an excellent registered nurse. One needs to attend recognized school to gain theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the profession. As per the statistics of the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, in May 2013, the hourly and yearly average registered nurse salary in Oklahoma was $27.47 and $57,130, respectively. The number of RNs employed in the state at that time was 25,960. Their median hourly wages were $27.34. Employment per 1,000 jobs for registered nurses was reported to be 16.656. The average RN salary in OK as per indeed.com (as of October 2014) was $61,000. It was 8% lower than the national average RN salaries.

Annual RN Salary in Oklahoma (OK) on Different Percentile Brackets

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Find A School

The table below reveals wages of RNs on different percentile brackets.

  • 10% made less than $40,580; 90% made more than $40,580.
  • 25% were paid less than $47,370; 75% were remunerated over $47,370.
  • 50% made less than $56,870; remaining 50% made more than $56,870.
  • 75% of registered nurses were salaried less than $67,460; the rest 25% got more than $67,460.
  • 90% of registered nurses earned less than $74,900; 10% earned over $74,900.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$74,900

75%

$67,460

50%

$56,870

25%

$47,370

10%

$40,580

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

Salary on the Basis of Geographical Location

Geographical location plays a significant role in deciding your salary. You will be surprised to know that in every state, the salary range fluctuates considerably. Muskogee was the lowest paying city with median hourly, weekly, monthly and annual salary of $27, $1,071, $4,640 and $55,676, respectively. Broken Arrow and Tulsa offered the maximum salary, i.e. $65,526 per annum. The monthly median wages ranged from $4,640 to $5,461.

Name of the City

Median Annual Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Altus

$57,839

$4,820

$1,112

$28

Bartlesville

$63,487

$5,291

$1,221

$31

Broken Arrow

$65,526

$5,461

$1,260

$32

Edmond

 $64,727

$5,394

$1,245

$31

Enid

$58,604

$4,884

$1,127

$28

Lawton

 $57,839

$4,820

$1,112

$28

Muskogee

$55,676

$4,640

$1,071

$27

Norman

$64,727

$5,394

$1,245

$31

Oklahoma City

$64,727

$5,394

$1,245

$31

Stillwater

$60,849

$5,071

$1,170

$29

Tulsa

 $65,526

$5,461

$1,260

$32

Information Source- salary.com (as of October 2014)

Salary of Professionals with Related Job Positions

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

The nurses with specialization degrees get better designation and pay than other nurses. In October 2014, the salary of people with related job titles in the field of nursing was reported to be between $53,000 and $64,000. There was a slight difference in the incomes of Psychiatric Nurses, Endoscopy Nurses, Postpartum Nurses, Pediatric Nurses, RN Outpatient Oncology, and Progressive Care Nurses. RN First Assistants made $60,000. Renal Dialysis Nurses and Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurses took home $59,000.

Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse $57,000
Home Health Nurse $57,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse $59,000
Psychiatric Nurse $53,000
Ambulatory Nurse $56,000
Postpartum Nurse $54,000
Endoscopy Nurse $54,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse $57,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse $58,000
Pediatric Nurse $54,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse $59,000
RN First Assistant $60,000
RN Outpatient Oncology $53,000
Clinical Nurse Manager $64,000
Progressive Care Nurse $55,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

There are many benefits that are provided to the registered nurses such as:

  • Memberships
  • Retirement and Pension plan
  • Paid time-offs
  • Refreshments
  • Financial aid for further studies
  • Insurances

Job Outlook

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!

Potential RNs are going to witness multiple job openings in the near future. Numerous nurses are required to maintain and handle various processes in the hospitals. After every surgery or treatment, it is the nurse who caters to all the needs of the patients. Although there are positive job prospects, the level of competition is very high. It is important for the registered nurses to have good educational background and resume. Furthermore, they must keep their profiles updated on different professional sites.


 

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.