Find schools and get information on the program Find

Registered Nurse Salary in Vermont

The registered nurse salary in Vermont in October 2014, according to indeed.com, was $59,000. These salary figures were 12% below the average nationwide RNs’ income. The employment statistics (as of May 2013) of the Bureau of Labor Statistics indicated that the mean annual and per hour earnings of these workers were $63,260 and $30.41, respectively. In that year, 6,710 RNs were working in the state which indicates that employment per thousand jobs was 22.510. This field guarantees jobs even in crisis and gives you the option to explore different areas. If you want to attain heights in nursing, you will have to attend recognized program school in order to gain higher level of certifications.

Yearly RN Salary in Vermont (VT) on Different Percentile Brackets

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.

  • Per year salary of 90% RNs was below $87,190; 10% were compensated more than $87,190.
  • 75% took home less than $73,690 per annum; the rest 25% of registered nurses enjoyed more than $73,690.
  • 50% of the employees were salaried less than $60,180; 50% were paid an annual pay of more than $60,180.
  • The yearly income of 25% of RNs was below $52,250; 75% made over $52,250.
  • The paycheck of 10% of registered nurses was less than $46,530; the remaining 90% were paid more than $46,530.

Percentile Bracket

 Annual Wages

90%

$87,190

75%

$73,690

50%

$60,180

25%

$52,250

10%

$46,530

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

Salary as per Geographical Location

RN salary in VT does not fluctuate too much in different cities. Except Rutland, all other cities paid equal remuneration to the registered nurses, i.e., median weekly pay of $1,234, median annual pay of $64,162, median hourly salary of $31 and median monthly pay of $5,347. The income of these professionals in Rutland was slightly higher with annual earnings of $66,766, monthly salary of $5,564, weekly earnings of $1,284, and hourly wages of $32.

Name of the City

Median Annual Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Burlington

$64,162

$5,347

$1,234

$31

Colchester

$64,162

$5,347

$1,234

$31

Essex

$64,162

$5,347

$1,234

$31

Rutland

$66,766

$5,564

$1,284

$32

South Burlington

$64,162

$5,347

$1,234

$31

Information Source- salary.com (as of October 2014)

Salary of Professionals with Related Job Positions

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

Being a vast field, nursing has various job designations. The position you hold depends on your education level and experience. The salaries related with these job titles also vary considerably. For example, in October 2014, RN Outpatient Oncology and Psychiatric Nurses were paid $50,000, while Endoscopy Nurses earned $51,000. The annual salary of Progressive Care Nurses, Pediatric Nurses and Postpartum Nurses was $52,000. Ambulatory Nurse made earnings of $53,000. Home Health Nurses and Pediatric Operating Room Nurse were paid $54,000, whereas Interventional Radiology Nurses and Renal Dialysis Nurses were remunerated $56,000. Clinical Nurse Managers and RN First Assistants took home $62,000 and $58,000, respectively.

RN First Assistant$58,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse$54,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse$56,000
RN Outpatient Oncology$50,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse$55,000
Psychiatric Nurse$50,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse$56,000
Endoscopy Nurse$51,000
Clinical Nurse Manager$62,000
Postpartum Nurse$52,000
Pediatric Nurse$52,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse$57,000
Progressive Care Nurse$52,000
Ambulatory Nurse$53,000
Home Health Nurse$54,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

The other benefits that are given to the registered nurses are as follows:

  • Childcare support
  • Various memberships related to the organization
  • Travel benefits
  • Paid time-offs
  • Health insurance
  • Disability insurance
  • Maternity leaves
  • Retirement and pension plans

Job Outlook

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!

Due to the increase in population and the number of hospitals and medical settings, the demand for registered nurses has increased manifold in the recent years. Those nurses who possess experience are preferred over the candidates who have no experience. Nurses who hold a bachelor degree can expect better pay than associate degree holders. The need of nurses remains high even at the time of economical crisis. The distinctive part about this profession is that an individual can earn while pursuing education.


 

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.