The Idaho Board of Nursing authorizes the registered nurse certification in Idaho. The Board regulates education and nursing practice for the safety, health and welfare of the people. With a wide number of nursing courses, it helps individuals to fulfill their dreams of becoming a successful registered nurse in the state.
Requirements for Acquiring RN Licensure
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
The eligibility criteria for obtaining the registered nurse certification by examination are:
- You are supposed to submit the completely filled application form.
- Submit appropriate fee of $132, which includes application fee of $90 and fingerprint fee of $42.
- Enclose a recent 2” x 2” passport size photograph along with the application form.
- Pass the licensure exam (NCLEX-RN).
- Complete the census questionnaire form and send it with the application form.
- Provide affidavit of graduation that must be completed, notarized, and send it directly from your nursing program to the Board of Nursing.
- Submit fingerprint card for criminal background check provided by the federal bureau of investigation criminal history database and Idaho central criminal database.
Some requirements (5 to 7) to obtain RN licensure by endorsement are similar to that by examination. However, there are some additional prerequisites, which you’re ought to fulfill. They are:
- Submit duly filled application form with a recent 2” x 2” passport size photograph attached to it.
- Appropriate fee of $152, which includes application fee of $110 and fingerprints fee of $42, must be submitted.
- Provide verification of certificate to the state, in which, you were certified by examination.
- Submission of employment reference within 3 years immediately preceding the application is a must.
- Complete the declaration of your primary residence form enclosed with the application form. You also need to provide the supporting documents.
Procedure to Obtain RN License by Examination
The step-by-step process to get RN license by examination is as follows:
Step 1- Request the application form by using any of the following methods:
- Telephone: (208) 334-3110
Fax: (208) 334-3262, or
Mail: PO Box 83720,
Boise, Idaho- 83720-0061You can also request the application form online at:http://ibn.idaho.gov/IBNPortal/LicensureByExamination.aspx?Agency=426&Board=IBONAfter providing all the essential information, the form will be mailed to you.
Use the following link to download the application form and send it to Idaho Board of Nursing after filling completely.
Step 2- Register yourself with the testing vendor, Pearson VUE to take the licensing exam.
Step 3- After receiving the ATT (Authorization to Test) by the Pearson VUE, schedule and pass the NCLEX-RN exam.
Procedure for Getting RN License by Endorsement
The step by step procedure to obtain RN license by endorsement is as follows:
Step 1- This step is similar to that of obtaining the RN license by examination.
- You can request the license by endorsement form online at:http://ibn.idaho.gov/IBNPortal/LicensureByEndorsement.aspx?Agency=426&Board=IBONThe link to download the paper application is as follows:http://ibn.idaho.gov/IBNPortal/IBN/FORMS/1%20-%20RN%20Licensure%20by%20Endorsement.pdf
Step 2- After completing the required details of the form, submit it and all the required documents to the Board.
Verification of the RN License in Idaho
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.
Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
The applicants, who are applying for license by endorsement in Idaho, are required to provide the verification of their licensure. You may apply online for this purpose by using the following link:
You need to provide your credit card information while doing online verification. Nurses, who were certified before 1989 and didn’t hold active certificate through 1989, are required to submit a fee of $30 before mailing the verification form. The fee must be payable to the Board of Nursing.
Renewal of the Registered Nurse License
RN licenses in Idaho expire on August 31st of every odd numbered year for the professional nurses. Currently, the state of Idaho requires no continuing education hours for certificate renewal. The applicants may not be able to renew their license if any of the following conditions is applicable to them:
- The license has expired for over 1 year.
- Your primary state of residence (other than Idaho) is a member of the Nurse Licensure. You can check the list of the current states at https://www.ncsbn.org
Methods of Renewing RN License in ID
There are two ways to get your certificate renewed.
- Online The applicants, who renew their license online before its expiry date, will have to pay the fee of $90 by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card. The licenses may be renewed before 3 months and up to 1 year of its expiration date. The link for online renewal ishttp://ibn.idaho.gov/IBNPortal/AgencyAdditional.aspx?Agency=426&AgencyLinkID=40
- Paper ApplicationThe applicants may request for paper application by contacting the Board office through any of the following ways:
- By mailing atIdaho Board of Nursing
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho- 83720-0061
- By sending e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- By calling at(208) 334-3110 ext. 2476
Reinstatement of a Lapsed RN License
Due to non-payment of the renewal fees for one year, the license gets lapsed and must be reinstated. The applicants must meet the following requirements for reinstating their certificate:
- Complete the application form and attach a 2” x 2” passport-sized photograph.
- Submit fee of $155 (which includes fingerprint fee of $30 and application fee of $125).
- Complete the census questionnaire form.
- Submission of fingerprint card for criminal background check is also mandatory.
- Submit the employment reference within 3 years immediately preceding the application.
- Complete the declaration of your primary residence form, enclosed at the end of the application form.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!
The applicants may apply for a duplicate license if their original certificate has destroyed, stolen or lost. The procedure is as follows:
- Download the duplicate license form via the below link:http://ibn.idaho.gov/IBNPortal/IBN/Forms/Duplicate_License_Request_Form.pdf
- Enclose the fee of $10 in the form of money order or check made payable to the Board.
- Submit the completed application with the fees to the following address:IDAHO BOARD OF NURSING
PO Box 83720
Boise, Idaho- 83720-0061
The applicants may view the complete fee structure using the following link:
Search an RN License
The applicants may use the below mentioned link to search the license: