Registered Nurse Resume Sample and Writing Guidelines
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Whether you are a fresher or intend to ameliorate your job prospects, registered nurse sample resume can assist you in showcasing your talents and expertise in a concise and well organized manner. In this competitive world, it is very essential to highlight your skills and work history in your resume in a professional way to get desirable job offers. So, if you want to strengthen your candidature, make sure you make a workable resume.
Key Points to be Remember while Making Your Resume
An appropriate resume is not all about grammar and spellings, but involves creativity, art, composition and marketing. Here are some tips and sample resume for your convenience.
An effective resume must include the following.
Caption: This fragment includes your complete name in boldface, valid address, contact details, and is centered at the top of the page.
Objectives: This section clearly states your interests and drives to work for the organization. It is a statement written in a concise manner, which involves what you want and what you can do.
Profile/Qualification: Describe your qualification in detail that gives an idea to the recruiter about your capabilities and skills, and highlights them as how they match with the requirements of that particular position. Also include keywords that are frequently searched.
Professional Experience/Employment History: In this division, you should include your whole nursing experience from starting till today.Include your internships, research projects and part-time nursing assistance. Use bullet for important statements as they are easier to read than a long paragraph.Enlist your achievements and honours along with credentials.
Registered Nurse Sample Resume
Barbara Smith, RN
750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, New York-13210
Seeking for an RN position in the New York City Hospital where I can fully utilize my practical skills and theoretical knowledge in the best possible way.
- Four years of experience in providing benevolent services to a wide variety of patients.
- Ability to remain calm during critical moments.
- Adaptable to dynamic environment of the healthcare sector.
- Key skills- tolerance, team player, kindness and compassion.
- Good interpersonal and interaction skills.
- Profound knowledge of anatomy, physiology, liberal arts and medical terminology.
- Can access computer, as well as internet. Possess knowledge of MS Office.
- Proven loyalty and maintained a record of reliability and responsibility.
- Expert in treating patients using modern technology.
- Competent in formulating care plans.
Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.Show Me Schools!
Areas of Expertise
- Knowledge of techniques required for treating and diagnosing deformities, diseases, and human injuries.
- Knowledge of human nature and performance
- Patient care plans
- Primary care
- Infection control
- Administration of medication
Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, New York)
November 2010 to present
- Providing critical care to the patients and helping them in early recovery.
- Maintaining a clean, sanitized and safe environment.
- Managing the medical records of patients and observing their conditions.
- Regular interaction with the patients in order to find out their psychological and physical needs.
- Supervising certified nurses and licensed practical nurses.
- Resolving patients’ problems and fulfilling their needs by applying multifaceted team approach.
- Attending educational seminars for boosting technical and professional knowledge.
- Interacting and coordinating with the healthcare teams for maintaining harmonious relationships.
- Obtained “Management Recognition Award” for exceptional nursing practices.
- Introduced new set of protocols for personal care that raised patients’ satisfaction by 25%.
St. John Fisher College, Rochester, New York
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Licensure & Certifications
- RN Licensure
- CPR and First Aide
- CNA Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for CPR/AED, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and EKG certified