Apart from being a leading producer of healthy dairy products, the state of Wisconsin also works for the upliftment of the nursing sector by supporting the nursing schools in education and research work. LPNs make 17% of the nurses in the state which would eventually increase as greater number of students is opting for this career option these days. LPNs working in Wisconsin earn an average salary of $45,000 per year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics has predicted a 16% increase in licensed practical nurse (LPN) jobs per year in Wisconsin by 2020. The students who are thinking of getting into this field must be physically and mentally fit along with pleasant communication skills which are required to console and understand the patient and his/her family. Following is a list of schools and the criteria that needs to be met in order to enroll for a course.
1. The applicant is required to be of minimum 18 years of age.
2. S/he should have completed his high school education.
3. The student should not have a criminal background and should pass the drug screening test.
4. A valid photo ID is mandatory.
5. Fingerprint report is also essential to show at the time of document verification.
6. The student must submit medical documents and a proof of current immunizations.
7. Many colleges require you to complete college credits in Math, Psychology, English, Anatomy and Physiology. Check this norm with the college you have selected.
8. The proof of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification should be submitted to the board.
The course aims at teaching the individual all the knowledge that is essential for him/her to be a perfect nurse in a period of 12-18 months with theoretical and hands-on practice. Real world skills are provided to enhance their abilities and hence, increase the job opportunities for them. It prepares the students to achieve academic aspects and life skills both at a smooth pace. The nursing is taught through human biology; mainly dealing with the cellular and muscular functions in the body, antibiotics and the knowledge about the organisms that make us ill. It is mandatory to give NCLEX-PN test after the course is completed in order to work as an LPN in the country. If the candidate does not pass in a single attempt, he can sit for it again. The state has sufficient number of colleges that offers a credited LPN course for the aspirants.
Accredited LPN Schools In Wisconsin
- Moraine Park Technical College
Address: 235 North National Avenue, Fond du Lac, WI 54936
Contact Number: 800-472-4554
Official Website: www.morainepark.edu
- Herzing University
Address: W140N8917 Lilly Road, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Contact Number: 800-596-0724
Official Website: www.herzing.edu
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
Address: 505 Pine Ridge Drive, Shell Lake, WI 54871-8727
Contact Number: 715-468-2815
Official Website: www.witc.edu
- Lakeshore Technical College
Address: 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland, WI 53015
Contact Number: 920-693-1000
Official Website: www.gotoltc.edu
- Waukesha County Technical College- Pewaukee Campus
Address: 800 Main Street, Pewaukee, WI 53072
Contact Number: 262-691-5566
- Madison Area Technical College
Address: 1701 Wright Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53704
Contact Number: 800-322-6282
Official Website: www.madisoncollege.edu
- Chippewa Valley Technical College
Address: 620 West Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Contact Number: 715-833-6200
Official Website: www.cvtc.edu
- Northcentral Technical College
Address: 1000 West Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401
Contact Number: 715-675-3331
Official Website: www.ntc.edu
- Blackhawk Technical College
Address: 6004 South County Road G, Janesville, WI 53546-9458
Contact Number: 608-758-6900
Official Website: www.blackhawk.edu
- College Of Menominee Nation
Address: 2733 South Ridge Road, Green Bay, WI 54304
Contact Number: 800-567-2344 (Toll-Free)
Official Website: www.menominee.edu
- Fox Valley Technical College
Address: 1825 North Bluemound Drive, Appleton, WI 54912-2277
Contact Number: 920-735-5600
Official Website: www.fvtc.edu
- Milwaukee Area Technical College
Address: 700 West State Street, Milwaukee, WI 53233
Contact Number: 414-297-6282
Official Website: www.matc.edu
- Western Technical College
Address: 400 Seventh Street North, La Crosse, WI 54601
Contact Number: 800-322-9982
Official Website: www.westerntc.edu
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
Address: 2740 West Mason Street, P.O. Box 19042, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042
Contact Number: 920-498-5444
Official Website: www.nwtc.edu
- Mid-State Technical College
Address: 500 32nd Street North, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
Contact Number: 715-422-5300
Official Website: www.mstc.edu
- Gateway Technical College
Address: 3520-30th Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53144
Contact Number: 800-247-7122 (Toll-Free)
Official Website: www.gtc.edu
- Nicolet College
Address: 5364 College Drive, Rhinelander, WI 54501
Contact Number: 800-544-3039
Official Website: www.nicoletcollege.edu