Find RN schools

Registered Nurse Salary in Connecticut

As stated by the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics), the mean annual and hourly Registered Nurse salary in Connecticut, in May 2018, was $81,220 and $39.05, respectively. During the same year, employment every thousand jobs for these workers was reported to be 18.912, which indicates that 31,400 RNs were working in different medical settings of the state. The average RN salary for a week as per indeed.com (as of October 2019) was $37.16, which meets the national average RN salary. The nursing schools equip applicants with the knowledge, standards, competencies, and skills that help them add up to their earnings. Certification, on the other hand, authenticates the reliability, clinical competence and dedication of the RNs.

Annual Registered Nurse (RN) Salary in Connecticut (CT) on Different Percentile

Brackets


The below table shows the earnings of registered nurses at various percentile levels.

  • The yearly earnings of 90% of registered nurses were less than $105,550; while remaining 10% were reported to earn more than $105,550.
  • 75% received an annual income less than $95,080; while 25% got more than $95,080.
  • 50% were salaried less than $79,920; whereas the rest of 50% grossed more than $79,920.
  • 25% were paid less than $68,420 per annum; while the remaining 75% were given more than $68,420.
  • 10% of employees were remunerated less than $57,980; 90% were compensated more than $57,980.


Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$105,550

75%

$95,080

50%

$79,920

25%

$68,420

10%

$57,980

Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2018)

RN Salary as per Geographical Location in Connecticut

Salary calculations are greatly affected by the geographical locations. According to salary.com October 30, 2019 report, the cities of Greenwich, Norwalk, and Stamford paid highest per year average salary to Registered Nurse and related professions, whereas the minimum salary was paid in New London.

The maximum median RN salary in CT, in October 2014, was $77,050 which was also provided by Greenwich, Norwalk, and Stamford. On the other hand, the minimum median pay was $72,111 which was offered by Bristol, East Hartford, Hartford, Manchester, Meriden, New Britain, Waterbury, and West Hartford. The median monthly and hourly wages ranged from $6,009 to $6,421 and $35 to $37, respectively.

City

Average Annual Salary – RN I

Average Annual Salary – RN II

Average Annual Salary – RN III

Average Annual Salary – Head Nurse

Bridgeport, CT

$70,932

$84,676

$98,777

$122,847

Bristol, CT

$67,872

$81,023

$94,516

$117,548

Danbury, CT

$69,768

$83,286

$97,155

$120,830

East Hartford, CT

$67,906

$81,063

$94,562

$117,606

Fairfield, CT

 $70,932

$84,676

$98,777

$122,847

Greenwich, CT

$72,445

$86,482

$100,883

$125,467

Hamden, CT

$68,959

$82,320

$96,029

$119,430

Hartford, CT

$67,906

$81,063

$94,562

$117,606

Manchester, CT

$67,906

$81,063

$94,562

$117,606

Meriden, CT

$67,872

$81,023

$94,516

$117,548

Milford, CT

 $70,932

$84,676

$98,777

$122,847

New Britain, CT

$67,872

$81,023

$94,516

$117,548

New Haven, CT

$68,959

$82,320

$96,029

$119,430

New London, CT

$67,244

$80,274

$93,642

$116,461

Norwalk, CT

$72,445

$86,482

$100,883

$125,467

Norwich, CT

 $67,275

$80,310

$93,684

$116,513

Stamford, CT

$72,445

$86,482

$100,883

$125,467

Stratford, CT

$70,932

$84,676

$98,777

$122,847

Waterbury, CT

$67,747

$80,873

$94,341

$117,330

West Hartford, CT

$67,906

$81,063

$94,562

$117,606

West Haven, CT

$68,959

$82,320

$96,029

$119,430

Table Source – salary.com as of October 30, 2019 (RN-I, RN-II, RN-III, Head Nurse)

Salary of Professionals with Similar Job Designations


The nursing sector is very vast and comprises of several job titles. Every title represents different work and requires different education. As your position in the organizational chart increases, the heftier paycheck you get. In October 2019, the state offered a maximum average weekly salary of $1,960 to Registered Nurse – Operating Room. The annual earnings of other nurse designations fluctuated from $77,514 to $135,368.

Registered Nurse – Medical/Surgical$1,593/week
Registered Nurse – Pediatrics$1,685/week
Registered Nurse – Oncology$1,736/week
Registered Nurse – Operating Room$1,960/week
Registered Nurse – Dialysis$1,852/week
Registered Nurse – Endoscopy$1,738/week
Registered Nurse – ICU$1,730/week
Interventional Radiology Nurse$1,869/week
Labor and Delivery Nurse$1,552/week
Travel Nurse$1,727/week
Progressive Care Nurse$1,475/week
Registered Nurse Case Manager$77,514/year
Registered Nurse – Primary Care$135,368/year
Registered Nurse – Home Health$80,450/year
Psychiatric Nurse$125,893/year

Information Source – indeed.com (as of October 2019)

Other Benefits

Various advantages received by an RN, apart from salary, are:

  • Pension plans
  • Health insurance
  • Paid leaves
  • Tuition reimbursement
  • Maternity leaves
  • Sick leaves

Job Outlook


According to the BLS 2017 report, total 2,955,200 RNs were employed in the U.S. This number is anticipated to increase by 15% between 2016 to 2026. A registered nurse can become advanced practice nurse after continuing higher education and gaining some experience. These advanced practice registered nurses can work independently and can get a pretty good salary. Overall, excellent prospects can be expected in this area of nursing.

quick RN guide links