fbpx
Find RN schools and get information on the program Show Me Schools

Registered Nurse Salary in West Virginia

The registered nurse salary in West Virginia, in August 2018, was $58,855 as per the data provided by indeed.com. This salary figure is 16% lower than the average annual salary of an RN at the national level. A survey conducted by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) shows that WV employed 20,410 RNs in May 2017. At that time, employment per thousand jobs was 29.65. The average hourly and annual wage of registered nurses in WV was $29.03 and $60,380, respectively. In order to ensure the safety of its citizens, the state makes it mandatory for every RN applicant to pass the NCLEX-RN exam in order to obtain a licensure. A number of schools prepare students for this examination.

Annual RN Salary in West Virginia (WV) on Different Percentile Brackets


The table below shows the salary of an RN on different percentile brackets.

  • 90% of registered nurses were paid less than $80,100 per year; whereas the rest of 10% RNs took home more than $80,100.
  • 75% were offered below $70,570; while 25% were offered more than $70,570.
  • 50% RNs were salaried with an amount less than $59,480; the other 50% were paid more than $59,480.
  • 25% of employees made less than $50,900; while remaining 75% made more than $50,900.
  • 10% of RNs were salaried less than $42,080; while the remaining 90% were remunerated more than $42,080.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$80,100

75%

$70,570

50%

$59,480

25%

$50,900

10%

$42,080

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2017)

Salary as per Geographical Location

The salary of registered nurses is not uniform in all cities of West Virginia, but varies due to many factors including supply and demand, locations, cost of living and others. According to the salary.com 31 July, 2018 data, the highest salary of $71,178 per year was paid to Staff Nurse RN II in Morgatown and Wheeling, and the minimum salary of $64,371 and 64,721 per annum was offered by Huntington and Parkersburge respectively.

The previous report of salary.om October 2014 informs that during this period the salary of an RN in different cities varied between $59,596 and $63,494. Morgantown offered median annual and a monthly salary of $63,494 and $5,291, respectively. The hourly wage in this city was $31, while weekly salary was $1,221. Nurses in Huntington received the lowest annual remuneration of $57,653. The hourly and weekly wages were $28 and $1,109 respectively.

Name of the City

Median Annual Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Charleston

$60,470

$5,039

$1,163

$29

Huntington

$57,653

$4,804

$1,109

$28

Morgantown

$63,494

$5,291

$1,221

$31

Parkersburg

$59,596

$4,966

$1,146

$29

Wheeling

$63,432

$5,286

$1,220

$30

Information Source- salary.com (as of October 2014)

Salary of Professionals with Similar Job Designations

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

Registered nurses are always high in demand and, therefore, paid hefty packages. Besides this, nurses who hold advanced nursing degrees (master or doctorate) can perform a wide range of service and hence, compensated accordingly. They receive different job titles according to the duties performed by them. As per the reports of indeed.com (as of October 2014), Clinical Nurse Managers were paid $66,000 while RN Outpatient Oncology Nurses were salaried the lowest, i.e. $54,000. Renal Dialysis Nurses, Interventional Radiology Nurses, and Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurses were offered $60,000 per annum.

RN First Assistant$62,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse$58,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse$60,000
RN Outpatient Oncology$54,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse$58,000
Psychiatric Nurse$54,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse$60,000
Endoscopy Nurse$55,000
Clinical Nurse Manager$66,000
Postpartum Nurse$55,000
Pediatric Nurse$55,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse$60,000
Progressive Care Nurse$56,000
Ambulatory Nurse$57,000
Home Health Nurse$58,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

The employers provide certain benefits to the registered nurses for their progress and better livelihood. These benefits might include-

  • Disability insurance
  • Leave benefits
  • Dental coverage
  • Childcare support
  • Maternity leave
  • Tuition assistance for further studies

Job Outlook

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

The job opportunities for these professionals are outstanding, but these vary on geographical conditions. Every year, a large number of candidates choose nursing as their profession since advancement prospects in this career are bright. However, experienced nurses have a broad range of opportunities and are preferred over the fresher. The BLS has anticipated 438,100 new jobs for RNs between 2016 and 2026, which equates to 15% growth.

quick RN guide links