Find RN schools and get information on the program Show Me Schools

Registered Nurse Salary in Washington

Average RN salary in Washington was 15% higher than the nationwide average RN salaries in August 2018 (as per indeed.com). This site reported that the average hourly pay of these professionals was $38.55. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the yearly mean wage of RNs in May 2018 was $82,670, whereas the mean hourly salary amounted to $39.75. A total of 56,290 RNs were employed in WA which indicates that employment per 1000 jobs was 17.273. Factors such as advanced nursing programs from an approved school and achieving the licensure can affect your salaries a lot.

Annual RN Salary in Washington (WA) on Different Percentile Brackets

  • 90% made annual salary less than $ 116,250; the remaining 10% made more than $ 116,250.
  • 75% were paid less than $97,990 per year; 25% earned more than $97,990.
  • 50% were offered below $79,920; 50% of RNs were paid more than $79,920.
  • 25% of RNs took home less than $66,740; whereas the rest 75% made more than $66,740.
  • 10% RNs received paycheck of less than $55,760; whereas the rest 90% got over $55,760.


Percentile Bracket

 Annual Wages

90%

$116,250

75%

$97,990

50%

$79,920

25%

$66,740

10%

$55,760

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2018)

Salary as per Geographical Location

According to Salary.com October 30, 2019 report, Bellevue and Seattle were the highest paying cities for Registered Nurse and the jobs connected to the profession. On the other hand, the city of Pasco offers the minimum per year salary.

The previous salary.com October 2014 report informs that Richland was the lowest paying city in WA with median annual, monthly, hourly and weekly salary of $65,692, $5,474, $32, and $1,263, respectively. Bremerton was the highest paying city with median annual pay of $74,460 and hourly wages of $36. The yearly, monthly and hourly earnings of the rest of the cities varied from $66,814 to $73,627, $5,568 to $6,136 and $32 to $35, respectively.

Name of the City

Average Annual Salary – RN I

Average Annual Salary – RN II

Average Annual Salary – RN III

Average Annual Salary – Head Nurse

Auburn, WA

$66,997

$79,979

$93,298

$116,033

Bellevue, WA

$68,751

$82,073

$95,740

$119,071

Bellingham, WA

$64,164

$76,596

$89,352

$111,125

Bremerton, WA

$67,872

$81,023

$94,515

$117,547

Everett, WA

$67,243

$80,272

$93,640

$116,458

Federal Way, WA

$66,997

$79,979

$93,298

$116,033

Kennewick, WA

$62,857

$75,037

$87,532

$108,862

Kent, WA

$66,864

$79,819

$93,111

$115,801

Lacey, WA

$64,679

$77,211

$90,069

$112,018

Lakewood, WA

$66,997

$79,979

$93,298

$116,033

Marysville, WA

$67,243

$80,272

$93,640

$116,458

Olympia, WA

$64,679

$77,211

$90,069

$112,018

Pasco, WA

$62,301

$74,373

$86,758

$107,899

Renton, WA

$68,684

$81,993

$95,647

$118,954

Richland, WA

$62,448

$74,548

$86,963

$108,154

Seattle, WA

$68,751

$82,073

$95,740

$119,071

Spokane, WA

$62,341

$74,421

$86,814

$107,969

Tacoma, WA

$66,997

$79,979

$93,298

$116,033

Vancouver, WA

$65,517

$78,211

$91,236

$113,469

Yakima, WA

$62,201

$74,253

$86,619

$107,726

Information Source- salary.com as of October 30, 2019 (RN-I, RN-II, RN-III, Head Nurse)

Salary of Professionals with Related Job Positions

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

The given below table displays various job titles in the nursing field and their corresponding salaries (as of October 2019). The weekly salaries for these professions in WA vary from $1,361 to $1,898. At the same time, Psychiatric Nurse earns $60.48 per hour. Coming to the annual income, it starts from $76,012 to $175,795.

Registered Nurse – Medical/Surgical$1,432/week
Registered Nurse – Pediatrics$1,639/week
Registered Nurse Case Manager$76,012/year
Registered Nurse – Oncology$1,659/week
Registered Nurse – Operating Room$1,792/week
Psychiatric Nurse$60.48/hour
Registered Nurse – Dialysis$1,1659/week
Registered Nurse – Endoscopy$1,1659/week
Travel Nurse$1,705/week
Labor and Delivery Nurse$1,898/week
Registered Nurse – Primary Care$98,584/year
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist$175,795/year
Progressive Care Nurse$1,361/week
Registered Nurse – ICU$1,547/week
Registered Nurse – Home Health$1,649/week

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2019)

Other Benefits

The registered nurses receive certain privileges in the form of monetary or non-monetary benefits. They may include-

  • Pension plans
  • Vision coverage
  • Paid holidays
  • Discounts for cell phones, local establishments and fitness centers
  • Tuition aid
  • Health insurance
  • Sick leaves

Job Outlook

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

The data of the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that the need of registered nurses will increase much faster in comparison to all other occupations, between 2016 and 2026. There will be further requirements of 438,100 additional RNs during that period throughout the country. There are certain medical settings where this demand is expected to be the highest. These might include- private and public hospitals, outpatient centers, mental health centers, physician offices, home healthcare, employment services, and nursing care facilities. The growing number of older persons and people with disabilities ensure the need of new nurses in the near future. According to the WWAMI Center for Health Workforce project report, in coming years the demand for RNs will exceed supply in Washington, and by 2031, the state will face a shortage of 21,000 practicing RNs. The reasons for the increased demand for RNs are attributed to more elderly population, age-related retirements, insured people, and chronically ill individuals. Therefore, it is recommended that all the aspirants should enroll themselves in an RN school at earliest and complete program and pass the NCLEX-RN to obtain a license.

quick RN guide links