fbpx
Find RN schools and get information on the program Show Me Schools

Registered Nurse Salary in Kansas

The nurses are the backbone of the healthcare industry. This profession provides a great deal of personal fulfillment to the nurses, as they make a big difference in the lives of the patients. Hence, they are paid a handsome amount for their incredible services. According to the indeed.com (as of August 2018), the Average salary of an RN in Kansas is $61,152, which is 9% below national average Nurse salary.

The number of registered nurses employed in Kansas, in May 2017 was 28,900 as per the data of the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) survey May 2017. The mean annual and hourly wages were $59,940 and $28.82, respectively. Employment per 1000 jobs was 21.109. If you wish to become an RN, then get admission in an approved school and clear the licensing examination.

Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Kansas (KS) on Different Percentile Brackets


The table below exhibits wages of RNs on different percentile brackets. At different percentile levels, the income of registered nurses was also different.

  • 90% of RNs made less than $79,370; 10% made more than $79,370.
  • 75% of registered nurses earned less than $69,830; the remaining 25% earned more than $65,050.
  • 50% of the employees earned less than $58,850; the rest of 50% earned more than $58,850.
  • 25% of RNs were paid annual wages less than $49,780; 75% were paid more than $49,780.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $43,140; 90% were offered more than $43,140.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$79,370

75%

$69,830

50%

$58,850

25%

$49,780

10%

$43,140

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2017)

Salary as per Geographical Location

The salary is a basic requirement for which, a registered nurse works and devotes his/her time. The pay scale differs, according to different cities, and the reasons for this difference are – experience, type of industry, work schedule, certification, etc. Kansas City, Lenexa, Olathe, Overland Park and Shawnee paid the highest annual income of $67,792 with a median monthly salary of $5,649 and median hourly salary of $33 while Salina paid the lowest income, i.e. $58,252.

Name of the City

Median Annual Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Hutchinson

$63,935

$5,328

$1,230

$31

Kansas City

$67,792

$5,649

$1,304

$33

Lawrence

$64,397

$5,366

$1,238

$31

Lenexa

$67,792

$5,649

$1,304

$33

Manhattan

$60,278

$5,023

$1,159

$29

Olathe

$67,792

$5,649

$1,304

$33

Overland Park

$67,792

$5,649

$1,304

$33

Salina

$58,252

$4,854

$1,120

$28

Shawnee

$67,792

$5,649

$1,304

$33

Topeka

$64,397

$5,366

$1,238

$31

Wichita

$66,518

$5,543

$1,279

$32

Information Source- salary.com

Salary of Professionals with Similar Job Designations

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

Here is the list of positions that are prevalent in the nursing industry. According to indeed.com, in October 2014, Clinical Nurse Manager earned the highest income, i.e. $64,000 while RN Outpatient Oncology and Psychiatric Nurse were paid lowest. The salary figures for other designations are indicated in the table.

RN First Assistant$60,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse$56,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse$58,000
RN Outpatient Oncology$52,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse$56,000
Psychiatric Nurse$52,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse$58,000
Endoscopy Nurse$53,000
Clinical Nurse Manager$64,000
Postpartum Nurse Postpartum RN$54,000
Pediatric Nurse$54,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse$58,000
Progressive Care Nurse$54,000
Ambulatory Nurse$55,000
Home Health Nurse$56,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits for RNs

These benefits generate a feeling of contentment and enthusiasm, in nurses, to work at their level best. They are motivated to work for a better tomorrow. These benefits may include:

  • Disability insurance
  • Experience credit
  • Travel benefits
  • Paid education leave
  • Retirement and pension plan
  • Childcare support
  • Bonus

Job Outlook

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

The registered nurses can work in many spheres of the nursing industry, like medical hospitals, nursing care facilities, community centers, RN schools, universities, home healthcare companies, physicians’ offices, government hospitals, etc. With continued education and experience, RNs can even attain the top management positions. The Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL) predicted a high demand of these professionals in the approaching years. It is estimated that the state will require 32,910 RNs between 2018 to 2028.