Registered Nurse Salary in Colorado

Registered Nurses take the best care and look after all the needs and requirements of the patients. It’s compulsory to clear the NCLEX-RN exam, in order to obtain a nursing license in Colorado and carry out your work. When it comes to registered nurse salary in Colorado, it is calculated on the basis of your education, experience, work settings and cost of living in the area your workplace is located.

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) provides the relative information regarding RN salary in CO. The mean annual and hourly salary received by an RN as per the BLS, in May 2018, was $74,240 and $35.69 respectively. A total of 51,760 RNs were reported to work in the state in May 2018, and the employment per 1000 jobs was 19.752.

As per the data provided by, the average hourly pay of these workers as of September 27, 2019, was $34.12, which was estimated to be equivalent the average registered nurse salary at the national level.

Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Colorado (CO) on Different Percentile Brackets

The table below reveals that at different percentile levels, the income of registered nurses was also different.

  • 90% of RNs made less than $99,330; 10% made more than $99,330.
  • 75% of registered nurses earned less than $86,280; the remaining 25% earned more than $86,280.
  • 50% of the employees earned less than $72,870; the rest of 50% earned more than $72,870.
  • 25% of RNs were paid annual wages less than $61,500; 75% were paid more than $61,500.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $54,110; 90% were offered more than $54,110.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages











Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2018)

Salary as per Geographical Location

Geographical location is also a very important factor because it directly affects the calculation of your salary. Every city offers different salary depending on the availability of employees, competition and salary reforms. According to August 27,2019 report, the cities of Boulder and Broomfield offered the best salaries for Registered nurse and related jobs. In the same period, Pueblo was the minimum salary paying city.

Name of the City

Average Annual Salary – RN I

Average Annual Salary – RN II

Average Annual Salary – RN III

Average Annual Salary – Head Nurse

Arvada, CO





Aurora, CO





Boulder, CO





Broomfield, CO





Castle Rock, CO





Colorado Springs, CO





Denver, CO





Fort Collins, CO





Grand Junction, CO





Greeley, CO





Jefferson, CO





Loveland, CO





Pueblo, CO





Westminster, CO





Information Source- as of August 27, 2019 (RN-I, RN-II, RN-III, Head Nurse)

Salary of Professionals Holding Related Job Positions

Every job title in the nursing sector has its particular responsibilities, duties, benefits and salary. The amount of your paycheck completely depends upon the type of work you are associated with, and the experience and qualifications you have. A better job position will gain you a better salary package. In September 2019, Registered Nurse – Operating Room obtained the maximum mean weekly salary of $1,657, and Psychiatric Nurse  earned the average hourly income of $40.75. At the same time, Registered Nurse Manager received an average annual salary of $80,975.

Registered Nurse – Medical/Surgical$1,435/week
Registered Nurse – Operating Room$1,657/week
Registered Nurse – Dialysis$1,331/week
Registered Nurse – Endoscopy$1,570/week
Registered Nurse – ICU$1,475/week
Registered Nurse – Pediatrics$1,589/week
Registered Nurse – Oncology$1,516/week
Travel Nurse$1,586/week
Interventional Radiology Nurse$1,440/week
Progressive Care Nurse$1,343/week
OB/GYN Nurse$1,553/week
Labor and Delivery Nurse$1,608/week
Registered Nurse Manager$80,975/year
Psychiatric Nurse$40.75/hour
Registered Nurse – Home Health$33.32/hour

Information Source- (as of September 2019)

Other Benefits

In case of registered nurses, with responsibilities come benefits. They can avail a number of benefits which may be in the monetary or non-monetary form.

  • Dental coverage
  • Sick leaves
  • Insurances
  • Pension plans
  • Tuition assistance
  • Paid leaves
  • Accidental death and dismemberment insurance

Job Outlook

Growth in the nursing sector is largely due to new health reforms, extensive demand for such services, and rapidly increasing population. It is expected that the employment opportunities for registered nurses will increase at a rapid rate, i.e., 15% from 2016 to 2026 as per BLS. It is much faster in comparison to the other professions. So, all those who are looking for a bright and secure future must enroll for RN schools soon.

quick RN guide links