Find RN schools and get information on the program Show Me Schools

Registered Nurse Salary in Georgia

The need and demand of nurses in Georgia are significantly increasing day by day. They may work in physicians’ offices, operating rooms, ambulatory care, and intensive care and health care clinics. RN schools offer different paths such as diploma, associate degree and baccalaureate degree to the aspirants. You can choose any course, as per your convenience to obtain certification.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the annual and hourly mean registered nurse salary in Georgia, in May 2018, was $68,950 and $33.15, respectively. At that time, the state employed 76,640 RNs. Employment per 1,000 jobs was estimated to be 17.439. As per indeed.com, the average hourly RN salary in GA, as of August 12, 2019, was $34.45, which is near to the National average RN salaries.

Annual RN Salary in Georgia (GA) on Different

Percentile Brackets

The table below reveals wages of RNs on different percentile brackets.

  • 90% of registered nurses got annual salary less than $93,770; 10% got more than $93,770.
  • 75% of RNs took home less than $79,610; the rest 25% enjoyed more than $79,610.
  • 50% of the employees made less than $67,870; remaining 50% earned more than $67,870.
  • 25% of employees were paid less than $56,900; 75% were paid over $56,900.
  • 10% of RNs earned less than $49,250; 90% earned more than $49,250.


Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$93,770

75%

$79,610

50%

$67,870

25%

$56,900

10%

$49,250

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2018)

Salary as per Geographical Location

It is true that the salary changes with the change of location and same is the case of Georgia. Here, every city offers you a salary, which is minimally or highly different from another city. For instance, according to Salary.com July 30, 2019 report, the cities of  Athens, Atlanta, Marietta, and Rosewell were the best paying cities for Registered Nurse and related professions. Whereas Columbus and Valdosta paid the minimum per year salary.

Name of the City

Average Annual Salary – RN I

Average Annual Salary – RN II

Average Annual Salary – RN III

Average Annual Salary – Head Nurse

Albany, GA

$57,429

$68,562

$79,976

$99,407

Athens, GA

$61,095

$72,939

$85,081

$105,753

Atlanta, GA

$61,533

$73,461

$85,690

$106,510

Augusta, GA

 $57,778

$68,978

$80,461

$100,011

Columbus, GA

$56,445

$67,387

$78,606

$97,704

Macon, GA

 $58,033

$69,283

$80,817

$100,453

Marietta, GA

$61,358

$73,252

$85,447

$106,208

Roswell, GA

$61,299

$73,183

$85,366

$106,107

Savannah, GA

$58,402

$69,724

$81,331

$101,092

Valdosta, GA

 $56,291

$67,203

$78,391

$97,437

Table Source- salary.com as of July 30, 2019 (RN-I, RN-II, RN-III, Head Nurse)

Salary of Professionals with Related Job Positions

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

Every aspiring registered nurse has multiple job titles to work for. Your job title and salary entirely depend on the industry, education and experience. As of August 2019, the most average weekly salary of $1,742 was given to Registered Nurse – Operating Room. On the other hand, highest mean hourly wage of $41.12 was obtained by Progressive Care Nurse. At the same time, OB/GYN Nurse got the highest average yearly pay of $73,742.

Registered Nurse – Medical/Surgical$1,337/week
Registered Nurse – Pediatrics$1,495/week
Interventional Radiology Nurse$40.60/hour
Registered Nurse – Oncology$36.67/hour
Registered Nurse – Operating Room$1,742/week
Psychiatric Nurse$39.99/hour
Registered Nurse – Dialysis$1,459/week
Registered Nurse – Endoscopy$1,644/week
Clinical Nurse Manager$72,650/year
Labor and Delivery Nurse$1,685/week
OB/GYN Nurse$73,742/year
Travel Nurse$1,622/week
Progressive Care Nurse$41.12/hour
Registered Nurse – ICU$1,493/week
Registered Nurse – Home Health$1,533/week

Information Source- indeed.com (as of August 2019)


Other Benefits

The nurses work very hard mentally and physically, hence certain benefits are given to them as a reward. Some of them are given below.

  • Fringe benefits
  • Extra bonus
  • Disability insurance
  • Childcare support
  • Paid education leave
  • Experience credit
  • Pension credit

Job Outlook

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the jobs for RNs will grow at a rapid pace in comparison to other occupations between 2016-26. Disasters, disease breakouts, and accidents are some of the major reasons which are likely to accelerate the demand of nurses in the approaching years. You can avail better job opportunities if you possess a degree in nursing. Diploma and associate degree holders can get entry-level nurse jobs. Candidates with the advanced level of degrees and certifications can assume managerial and administrative positions.

quick RN guide links