Delaware is the second smallest state of the United States. It is spread over approximately 1,954 square miles. In this small area, the number of RNs was 11,620, in May 2017, and the employment per 1000 jobs in the same year for these health workers was 26.246. Mean annual RN salary in DE, in May 2017, was $73,180, whereas the average hourly salary was $35.18 (as per the Bureau of Labor Statistics). As per indeed.com, the average earning of RNs, in August 2018, is $70,803, which meets average RN salary at national level. The initial step commences with RN program from a recognized school. Furthermore, your dexterity and skills are validated by the certification, you possess.
Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Delaware (DE) on Different Percentile Brackets
The table below shows percentile wage estimated for RNs. At different percentile levels, the income of registered nurses was also different.
- 90% of RNs made less than $97,930; 10% made more than $97,930.
- 75% of registered nurses earned less than $81,660; the remaining 25% earned more than $81,660.
- 50% of the employees earned less than $71,610; the rest of 50% earned more than $71,610.
- 25% of RNs were paid annual wages less than $61,240; 75% were paid more than $61,240.
- 10% of employees were offered less than $54,350; 90% were offered more than $54,350.
Information Source – The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2017)
Salary as per Geographical Location
It can be observed from the below table that the maximum median hourly salary is $36 and the minimum is $34. The median annual salary varies from $71,491 to $74,687. Dover is the lowest paying city. The median monthly salary lies between $5,960 and $6,224.
Name of the City
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Weekly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
Information Source- salary.com
Salary of Professionals with Similar Job Designations
If you want better earnings, you will have to work towards getting a better job title. Your designation determines your salary and other benefits that you will receive. There are many positions in the nursing sector; some of them are highly paid than the others. For instance, in October 2014, Clinical Nurse Managers made an income of $$61,000; RN First Assistants earned $57,000; and Interventional Radiology Nurse, Renal Dialysis Nurse and Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse received $56,000. The pay of other professionals was reported to be between $50,000 and $54,000.
|RN First Assistant||$57,000|
|Pediatric Operating Room Nurse||$54,000|
|Interventional Radiology Nurse||$56,000|
|RN Outpatient Oncology||$50,000|
|Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse||$54,000|
|Renal Dialysis Nurse||$56,000|
|Clinical Nurse Manager||$61,000|
|Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse||$56,000|
|Progressive Care Nurse||$52,000|
|Home Health Nurse||$54,000|
Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)
There are certain monetary and non-monetary benefits that a registered nurse can avail, like:
1. Disability Insurance : This insurance supports nurses against any such disability which acts as an impediment for the worker.
2. Travel Benefits : Register nurses need to travel to those areas where there is an urgent demand of their services. Travel benefits are offered to these professionals to reduce their expenses in commuting.
3. Dental Coverage : If an RN has to go through any dental processes like filling, scaling, etc., then they are given benefit in the form of dental coverage.
4. Tuition Fee Reimbursement : The employee can get monetary assistance by the employer for pursuing his/her further studies.
5. Memberships : Registered nurses are also provided with memberships to certain organizations, which acts as a basis for their overall growth.
Registered nurses can work with the private and public hospitals, home health care institutions, or offices of the physicians, etc. 15% hike in the employment of nurses could be witnessed from 2016 to 2026. It has been forecasted that there will be high demand of nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, nurse anesthetists and clinical nurse specialists in the impending years. They are expected to get a big platform to showcase their skills.