Significant deviations can be seen in the registered nurse salary in Iowa. These fluctuations can be attributed to education and experience, industry, and location. As of May 2017, average RN salary in IA was $57,930 per annum, and $27.85 per hour according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In the same year, the total number of RNs working in the state was 33,280. Employment per 1,000 jobs was calculated to be around 21.676. Average RN pay, according to August 2018 reports of indeed.com, was $56,888 which was 15% lower than the average pay of RNs at the national level.
Annual RN Salary in Iowa (IA) on Different
The table below provides annual wage estimates of registered nurses on different percentile brackets.
- 10% grossed less than $42,400; thus the rest of 90% enjoyed more than $42,400 per annum.
- 25% earned less than $48,450; 75% earned more than $48,450.
- 50% were paid less than $56,710; remaining 50% were paid more than $ 56,710 per year.
- 75% made yearly income less than $65,050; 25% made more than $65,050.
- 90% RNs earned less than $77,220 per annum; 10% earned over $77,220.
Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2017)
Salary as per Geographical Location
The different cities in Iowa have their respective range of salaries, and this majorly depends on a number of factors like employer, competition, population, experience, location, etc. According to salary.com July 31, 2018 data, the cities that offered maximum Staff Nurse – RN II’s Annual Base Salary of $70,041 were Ankeny, Des Moines, Urbandale, and West Des Moines. The city where these health professionals received minimum pay of $60,639 was Sioux city. The previous report of October 2014 also showed that the same cities Ankeny, Des Moines, Urbandale and West Des Moines with median annual, monthly, weekly and hourly salary of $66,036, $5,503, $1,270, and $32, respectively received the highest RN salary. Sioux City was the lowest paying city with median pay of $53,693 per year.
Name of the City
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Weekly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
West Des Moines
Information Source- salary.com (as of October 2014)
Salary of Professionals Posted on Related Job Designations
The registered nurses have various choices to proceed further in the nursing industry. They can hold titles from Psychiatric Nurse to Home Health Nurse. Your salary largely hinges on your designation. The higher your rankings in the organizational hierarchy, the heftier would be your paycheck. As indicated in the under given table, Clinical Nurse Managers enjoyed an income of $68,000 per annum in October 2014. The least paid ($56,000) workers were Psychiatric Nurses and RN Outpatient Oncology. The salaries of other job titles were between $57,000 and $64,000.
|RN First Assistant||$64,000|
|Pediatric Operating Room Nurse||$60,000|
|Interventional Radiology Nurse||$62,000|
|RN Outpatient Oncology||$56,000|
|Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse||$61,000|
|Renal Dialysis Nurse||$62,000|
|Clinical Nurse Manager||$68,000|
|Postpartum Nurse Postpartum RN||$57,000|
|Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse||$63,000|
|Progressive Care Nurse||$58,000|
|Home Health Nurse||$60,000|
Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)
There are certain benefits which are given to the registered nurses, in order to boost up their motivation and increase their commitment towards the organization. These benefits help them at the time of illness, travel, etc.
- Travel allowances
- Maternity leaves
- Vision and dental coverage
- Financial aid for further studies
All the aspirants and professionals in the nursing field can have a positive outlook towards employment and growth opportunities in the years to come. There is an immense scope for advancement in this sector. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has forecasted the possibility of about 438,100 job vacancies for RNs between 2016 and 2026. Therefore, avail this opportunity by enrolling yourself in the RN school which is approved by the state and obtain a license, as soon as possible.