fbpx
Find RN schools and get information on the program Show Me Schools

Registered Nurse Salary in Louisiana

Louisiana is the one of the most populous and widely spread state in US. Registered nurses are certified by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing. The state does not provide extremely high salary packages. As per the May 2017 statistics of the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), around 40,600 RNs were employed, and the employment per 1000 jobs was 24.168. The Mean annual income of registered nurses (RN) is estimated to be $63,560 while the Mean hourly wages is $30.56. As per indeed.com, the average salary of RNs in this state, in August 2018, was $59,159. The standard RN salary for job postings is 16% lower in Louisiana as compared to the average nurse salary in the US. Registered nurse salary in Louisiana is affected by several aspects, like working hours, work settings, education level, experience, geographic location, etc. Therefore, in order to gain the lucrative benefits of this high-profile profession, complete your education from an authorized school and clear the licensing examination.

Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Louisiana (LA) Salary on Different Percentile Brackets


The table below exhibits wages of RNs on different percentile brackets. At different percentile levels, the income of registered nurses was also different.

  • 90% of RNs made less than $84,400; 10% made more than $84,400.
  • 75% of registered nurses earned less than $73,790; the remaining 25% earned more than $73,790.
  • 50% of the employees earned less than $61,300; the rest of 50% earned more than $61,300.
  • 25% of RNs were paid annual wages less than $52,100; 75% were paid more than $52,100.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $42,770; 90% were offered more than $42,770.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$84,400

75%

$73,790

50%

$61,300

25%

$52,100

10%

$42,770

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2017)

Salary as per Geographical Location

The top paying cities of LA are Kenner, Marrero, Metairie and New Orleans which offer median salary of $69,363 annually whereas Alexandria is the lowest paying city that offers $56,234 per year. The median hourly wages varies from $28 to $33.

Name of the City

Median Annual Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Alexandria

$56,234

$4,686

$1,081

$27

Baton Rouge

$59,857

$4,988

$1,151

$29

Bossier City

$63,370

$5,281

$1,219

$30

Houma

$58,115

$4,843

$1,118

$28

Kenner

$69,363

$5,780

$1,334

$33

La Place

$57,254

$4,771

$1,101

$28

Lafayette

$57,557

$4,796

$1,107

$28

Lake Charles

$62,647

$5,221

$1,205

$30

Marrero

$69,363

$5,780

$1,334

$33

Metairie

$69,363

$5,780

$1,334

$33

Monroe

$60,842

$5,070

$1,170

$29

New Iberia

$57,557

$4,796

$1,107

$28

New Orleans

$69,363

$5,780

$1,334

$33

Shreveport

$63,370

$5,281

$1,219

$30

Information Source- salary.com

Salary of Similar Job Titles

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

The salary of a registered nurse depends on a number of factors, especially on their position. There are a number of job titles in the nursing field, and you can attain any of them by gaining advance education and experience. According to indeed.com, in October 2014, Clinical Nurse Managers were paid highest salary, i.e. $62,000. RN First Assistant was paid $58,000. Interventional Radiology Nurse, Renal Dialysis Nurse and Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse were paid $57,000. Pediatric Operating Room Nurse, Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse and Home Health Nurse were paid $55,000. People with other designations were paid between $51,000 and $54,000.

RN First Assistant$58,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse$55,000
Pediatric Nurse$52,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse$57,000
RN Outpatient Oncology$51,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse$55,000
Psychiatric Nurse$51,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse$57,000
Endoscopy Nurse$52,000
Clinical Nurse Manager$62,000
Postpartum Nurse$52,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse$57,000
Progressive Care Nurse$53,000
Ambulatory Nurse$54,000
Home Health Nurse$55,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits for RNs

RNs can enjoy the following additional benefits apart from their salary:

  • Vacations
  • Personal time off
  • Pension benefits
  • Vision coverage
  • Paid holidays
  • Medical care
  • Maternity leaves
  • Annual bonus

Job Outlook

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

The U.S. Department of Labor, BLS  had anticipated registered nursing to be a rapidly growing profession in the years to come. Between 2016 to 2026, there will be 438,100 additional RN requirements throughout the country. Overall, the job prospects are excellent and lucrative. All you need is to put the right amount of efforts and grab every opportunity coming your way.