Registered nurse is considered as a prestigious occupation in the United States. Salary is one prominent feature that is considered for future prospects in this field. RN program from nursing schools helps an applicant achieve both professional as well as personal goals. A certification course is a plus point, as it enriches the career and improves the earning potential. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (May 2017), the mean annual and hourly salary of RNs in AR was $58,810 and $28.28, respectively. 24,380 registered nurses were working in the state, in May 2017. Employment (per 1,000 jobs) was 20.318. As per the data provided by indeed.com, the average RN salary, August 2018, was $63,239 which was 10% below national average nursing salary.
Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Arkansas (AR) on Different Percentile Brackets
The table below discloses the wages of RNs on different percentile brackets. At different percentile levels, the income of registered nurses was also different.
- 90% of RNs made less than $78,980; 10% made more than $78980.
- 75% of registered nurses earned less than $68,400; the remaining 25% earned more than $68,400.
- 50% of the employees earned less than $57,570; the rest of 50% earned more than $57,570.
- 25% of RNs were paid annual wages less than $48,100; 75% were paid more than $48,100.
- 10% of employees were offered less than $41,730; 90% were offered more than $41,730.
Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2017)
Salary as per Geographical Location
If we take a close look, we will find that different factors affect the range of registered nurse salary in Arkansas such as location, educational background and employer. Even income in various cities of the same state fluctuates enormously. According to salary.com 2014 report, the city that offered highest base salary of $68,438 to Staff Nurse – RN II was Jonesboro, and the city of Fort Smith paid the minimum salary of $63,094.
The previous report of salary.com October 2014 also informs that the median annual income ranged from $56,771 to $62,606. The hourly wages (median) fluctuated from $27 to $30. The highest paying city for this profession was Jonesboro.
Name of the City
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Weekly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
Information Source- salary.com
Salary of Professionals with Similar Job Designations
The nursing sector is diverse and comprises a number of positions. Every designation has its specific requirements, benefits, duties and responsibilities. The salary of people positioned at Pediatric Nurse, Postpartum Nurse, and Progressive Care Nurse was $60,000. Interventional Radiology Nurse, Renal Dialysis Nurse, and Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse made $65,000. The highest income (i.e. $71,000) was reported to be of Clinical Nurse Managers. Psychiatric Nurse and RN Outpatient Oncology earned $58,000.
|RN First Assistant||$67,000|
|Pediatric Operating Room Nurse||$62,000|
|Interventional Radiology Nurse||$65,000|
|RN Outpatient Oncology||$58,000|
|Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse||$63,000|
|Renal Dialysis Nurse||$65,000|
|Clinical Nurse Manager||$71,000|
|Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse||$65,000|
|Progressive Care Nurse||$60,000|
|Home Health Nurse||$63,000|
Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)
A registered nurse can avail a number of benefits and special privileges which are provided by the employers. These may vary from insurance to paid holidays. The benefits include:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Retirement benefits
- Pension plans
- Childcare benefits
- Travel benefits
Great changes have been observed in the number of vacancies and job opportunities in this field. The occupation of registered nurses is getting popular day by day. They work to cater the needs of people at various places like nursing homes, hospitals, physicians’ offices, schools, prisons, other healthcare facilities and old age homes. According to a survey of the BLS, it has been anticipated that there will be 438,100 new openings for RNs in the United States between 2016 to 2026. There is a possibility of advancement in this sector, so one can look positively towards the employment opportunities.