As per the reports of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Michigan employed around 96,680 registered nurses, as on May 2018. The mean annual wage was $71,330 and 34.29 hourly. Employment per 1000 jobs was 22.39. As of September 13, 2019, according to indeed.com, the average hourly Registered Nurse salary in Michigan was $33.74. When compared with other states of USA, the average Registered Nurse salary for job postings in MI is 1% higher. If you wish to serve your country and want to build a career in nursing then get yourself registered in an approved nursing schools in Michigan and earn a nursing license in MI by clearing the NCLEX-RN examination.
Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Michigan (MI) on Different Percentile Brackets
The data in the table below reveals the RNs salary on various percentile brackets.
- 90% of RNs made less than $93,590; 10% made more than $93,590.
- 75% of registered nurses earned less than $80,000; the remaining 25% earned more than $80,000.
- 50% of the employees earned less than $70,590; the rest of 50% earned more than $70,590.
- 25% of RNs were paid annual wages less than $60,430; 75% were paid more than $60,430.
- 10% of employees were offered less than $53,750; 90% were offered more than $53,750.
Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2018)
Salary as per Geographical Location
Geographical location plays a vital role in deciding the amount of your salary. Salary ensures better living standard but, it varies in every city as the factors like competition, availability, employers, etc. majorly affect it. According to Salary.com August 27, 2019 report, the best paying cities in Michigan for Registered Nurse and related job profiles are Ann Arbor, Canton, and Novi, whereas the city that offers minimum per year average salary is Saginaw.
Name of the City
Average Annual Salary – RN I
Average Annual Salary – RN II
Average Annual Salary – RN III
Average Annual Salary – Head Nurse
Ann Arbor, MI
Battle Creek, MI
Benton Harbor, MI
Dearborn Heights, MI
Grand Rapids, MI
Royal Oak, MI
Sterling Heights, MI
West Bloomfield, MI
Information Source- salary.com as of August 27, 2019 (RN I, RN II, RN III, Head Nurse)
Salary of Similar Job Titles
The registered nurses are not confined to work in wards of hospitals, but they can also gain specialization in a particular field of nursing. Thereafter, they receive a specific job title which describes their specialization. The income of RN increases with their higher positions.
According to indeed.com as of September 2019, the highest mean weekly salary is given to Registered Nurse – Dialysis ($1,850), whereas the lowest average weekly income was received by Registered Nurse – Home Health ($793). Coming to the annual salary, Registered Nurse – Endoscopy got the most average salary of $81,537. At the same time, Progressive Care Nurse received $45.54 as average hourly wages. It is clearly explained in the tabular form.
|Registered Nurse – Medical/Surgical||$1,474/week|
|Registered Nurse – Pediatrics||$1,523/week|
|Registered Nurse – Operating Room||$1,559/week|
|Registered Nurse – Dialysis||$1,850/week|
|Registered Nurse – ICU||$1,353/week|
|Interventional Radiology Nurse||$1,240/week|
|Labor and Delivery Nurse||$1,665/week|
|Registered Nurse – Home Health||$793/week|
|Registered Nurse – Oncology||$1,631/week|
|Progressive Care Nurse||$45.54/hour|
|Registered Nurse – Endoscopy||$81,537/year|
|Registered Nurse Manager||$73,170/year|
Information Source- indeed.com (as of September 2019)
The extra perks entitled to be received by a registered nurse are mandatory. Some of them are-
- Maternity leaves
- Disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company/ hospital paid pension plan
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Medical coverage
- Job Outlook
The job prospects are pretty good overall. There are new openings for the new graduated nurses along with the experienced professionals. The emerging group of new healthcare institutions prefers hiring nurses with a baccalaureate degree, according to a survey by the researchers at the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). Furthermore, it is expected that new openings will emerge as soon as the old experienced nurses will retire. We can see the nursing field through any aspect, but it is assured that the demand for nurses will always be constant. The BLS also informs that the demand for RNs will increase by 15% between 2016 to 2026, and additional 438,100 additional registered nurses will be required throughout the USA.