The nursing schools hone the skills and knowledge of aspirants to prepare them for a rewarding career. RNs can work only after getting a certification. The emerging needs for RNs and lucrative registered nurse salary in Indiana have prompted the students to make their way towards this profession. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), in May 2017, the mean hourly and annual RN salary in IN was $30.02 and $62,450, respectively. Employment per 1000 jobs was 22.702, and 68530 RNs were employed in different health care settings of the state. As per the data given by indeed.com, the average wages, in August 2018, was $60,486. As compared to the average nursing salaries at the national level, it is 10% below national average..
Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Indiana (IN) on Different Percentile Brackets
The table below explains the percentile income estimated for Registered Nurses. The income of RN varies at different percentile levels,
- 90% of RNs were paid less than $ 82,440; 10% were paid more than $ 82,440.
- 75% of registered nurses made less than $72,880; the remaining 25% made more than $72,880.
- 50% of the employees earned less than $60,560; the rest of 50% earned more than $60,560.
- 25% of RNs were offered annual wages less than $51,480; 75% were offered more than $51,480.
- 10% of employees earned less than $43,600; 90% earned more than $43,600.
20% Off Scrubs & Other Brands You Love!
Offer Ends 5/31Save Now
The Most Comfortable Shoes & Clogs For Nurses
Introducing Croc Lock Tread, Same Croc Comfort w/Slip ResistanceShop Now
Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2017)
Salary as per Geographical Location
If you aspire to become an RN in Indiana, the cities that pay the best salaries to Staff Nurse – RN II in IN are Gary and Hammond that paid $72,592 each per year according to the salary.com July 31, 2018 report. In the same period, the city of Vincennes paid the minimum $66,063 salary per year.
The below given previous October 2014 report of salary.com shows the per year Median Annual, Monthly, Weekly, and Hourly salary of RNs in various cities. The median hourly salary didn’t fluctuate too much and was reported to be between $30 and $32. However, a great variation was seen in the median annual salaries (it varied from $61,724 to $66,814). Gary and Hammond were the highest paying cities while Lafayette was the lowest paying city. The maximum median weekly pay was $1,285 while the minimum was $1,187.
Name of the City
Median Annual Salary
Median Monthly Salary
Median Weekly Salary
Median Hourly Salary
Information Source- salary.com
Salary of Professionals with Similar Job Designations
The field of nursing has a number of positions. One needs to acquire the requisite knowledge and qualities to attain these designations. These titles denote specialization in a particular field by the RN. You’ll be paid according to the position you hold in the healthcare facility. The earnings of people with different titles was found to be somewhere between $55,000 and $67,000. The highest pay was enjoyed by Clinical Nurse Managers, followed by RN First Assistants. RN Outpatient Oncology and Psychiatric Nurse were among low earners.
|RN First Assistant||$63,000|
|Pediatric Operating Room Nurse||$59,000|
|Interventional Radiology Nurse||$61,000|
|RN Outpatient Oncology||$55,000|
|Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse||$59,000|
|Renal Dialysis Nurse||$61,000|
|Clinical Nurse Manager||$67,000|
|Postpartum Nurse Postpartum RN||$56,000|
|Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse||$61,000|
|Progressive Care Nurse||$57,000|
|Home Health Nurse||$59,000|
Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)
Other Benefits for RNs
The registered nurses are provided with several other benefits. These additional perks may be in monetary or non-monetary terms, other than salary. Some of them are as follows.
- Retirement and pension plan
- Disability insurance
- Maternity leave
- Travel benefits
- Childcare support
- Memberships of various organizations
- Leave benefits
- Paid time-offs
- Health insurance
- Dental coverage
The job openings in the nursing sector are countless. To avail these opportunities, you can specialize in certain areas and get additional certifications. The major areas of specialization are school nursing, critical care, emergency room, dialysis and operating room nursing. This helps you enjoy an increment in monetary pay and gain recognition. From 2016 to 2026, 15% growth is projected by the BLS. It means, by the end of 2026, the health care sector in the U.S. will witness approximately 438,100 new openings for RNs. So, to gain full advantage of this golden opportunity, all the aspirants are suggested to enroll themselves in registered nurse courses as soon as possible.