fbpx
Find RN schools and get information on the program Show Me Schools

Registered Nurse Salary in New Hampshire

The state of New Hampshire  employed 13,190 registered nurses in the year 2017. A survey conducted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reveals that the average annual and per hour RN salary in New Hampshire was $70,040 and $33.67, respectively, in May 2017.   The Employment per thousand jobs was approximately 20.296. According to indeed.com, the average yearly salary of a registered nurse in NH was  around $70,491, which meets the National average RN salary  (as of August 2018). In order to ensure safe nursing, it is compulsory for an RN aspirant to clear the NCLEX-RN exam for licensure. There are several schools in NH, which prepares the students for this examination.

Annual RN Salary in New Hampshire (NH) on Different Percentile Brackets


The salary of a registered nurse varies at different percentile levels. The table below gives details about the percentile income estimated for Registered Nurses.

  • 90% of RNs earned less than $95,680 whereas remaining 10% earned more than $95,680.
  • 75% of registered nurses were paid less than $80,980; while the rest 25% were paid more than $80.980.
  • 50% of the employees received less than $68,580; the other 50% received more than $68,580.
  • 25% of registered nurses were offered yearly income less than $57,650; while 75% were offered more than $ 57,650.
  • 10% of RNs obtained less than $51,200; whereas the remaining 90% obtained more than $51,200.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$95,680

75%

$80,980

50%

$68,580

25%

$57,650

10%

$51,200

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2017)

Salary as per Geographical Location

As per the data in the below table, Keene is the lowest paying city in the state with a median annual and monthly salary of $69,852 and $5,821 respectively. Bedford, Concord, Derry, Manchester, Merrimack, Nashua and Salem paid the highest remuneration of $72,738 yearly.

Name of the City

Median Annual

 Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Bedford

$72,738

$6,062

$1,399

$35

Concord

$72,738

$6,062

$1,399

$35

Derry

$72,738

$6,062

$1,399

$35

Dover

$70,396

$5,866

$1,354

$34

Keene

$69,852

$5,821

$1,343

$34

Manchester

$72,738

$6,062

$1,399

$35

Merrimack

$72,738

$6,062

$1,399

$35

Nashua

$72,738

$6,062

$1,399

$35

Portsmouth

$70,396

$5,866

$1,354

$34

Rochester

$70,396

$5,866

$1,354

$34

Salem

$72,738

$6,062

$1,399

$35

Information Source- salary.com (as of October 2014)

Salary of Professionals Holding Similar Designations

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

There are several educational levels in the nursing sector. An RN can proceed further by taking advance courses. The salary of a nurse totally depends on its position. The higher designation you hold, the more you can earn. Clinical Nurse Managers received $69,000 yearly (as of October 2014). Psychiatric Nurses and RN Outpatient Oncology received the lowest pay of $57,000. The salaries of other professionals were between $58,000 and $65,000.

RN First Assistant$65,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse$61,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse$63,000
RN Outpatient Oncology$57,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse$62,000
Psychiatric Nurse$57,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse$63,000
Endoscopy Nurse$58,000
Clinical Nurse Manager$69,000
Postpartum Nurse$58,000
Pediatric Nurse$58,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse$64,000
Progressive Care Nurse$59,000
Ambulatory Nurse$60,000
Home Health Nurse$61,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

The various benefits for registered nurses enable them to lead a secure and progressive life. They are as follows:

  • Maternity leaves
  • Long-term disability coverage
  • No-cost life insurance
  • Adoption Assistance/Child Care
  • Tax Savings Plans

Job Outlook

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

Nursing is such a profession where the demand remains consistent. Every patient, every hospital and every nation require nurses. This is the reason that the job outlook of this occupation is very positive. According to the BLS, the country will need additional 438,100 nurses between 2016 to 2026 throughout the country. New Hampshire has an extensive range of job prospects in the field of nursing. There is endless scope for the registered nurses to grow and prosper in their careers. The fresh graduates also get job opportunities in medical institutions. The employers prefer the nurses possessing specialization. Furthermore, one is free to choose work schedule, with bonuses, good packages that are given to them. Owing to the neck and neck competition in this field, it is better to pursue complete education of nursing. The New Hampshire Economic and Labor Market Information Bureau also informs on its August 2016 report that RNs will have the best employment opportunities among healthcare occupations.

quick RN guide links