Find RN schools

Registered Nurse Salary in Nevada

The data of Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) shows that the mean annual and hourly registered nurse salary in Nevada, in May 2018, was $85,620 and $41.16, respectively. In the same year, the number of working RNs was 22,560. The Employment per thousand jobs was 16.744. According to the statistics provided by indeed.com, the average hourly RN salary in NV, in October 2019, was $39.72, which was 10% above National average RN salaries. There are 14 accredited schools in Nevada that offers nursing programs. With adequate program and practical experiences at several health care facilities, you will be prepared for a licensure examination.

Annual RN Salary in Nevada (NV) on Different Percentile Brackets


The table below explains the percentile income estimated for Registered Nurses. The income of RN varies at different percentile levels:

  • 90% of RNs were salaried less than $108,480; while the remaining 10% were salaried more than $108,480.
  • 75% of RNs were remunerated with an amount less than $97,790; 25% RNs remunerated more than $97,790.
  • 50% of the employees were paid less than $85,020; the other 50% were given more than $85.020.
  • 25% of registered nurses made annual wages less than $72,530; 75% made more than $72,530.
  • 10% of RNs earned less than $64,400; whereas the remaining 90% earned more than $ 64,400.


Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$111,690

75%

$98,480

50%

$85,210

25%

$72,550

10%

$ 64,720

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2018)

Salary as per Geographical Location

The salary of registered nurses can vary due to certain geographical factors in each and every city of Nevada. According to salary.com, the highest paid city on October 30, 2019 was Las Vegas and North Las Vegas. On the other hand, Reno, Sparks and Sun Valley were the lowest paying cities in Nevada.

Name of the City

Average Annual

 Salary – RN I

Average Annual

 Salary – RN II

Average Annual

 Salary – RN III

Average Annual

 Salary – Head Nurse

Carson City, NV

$63,347

$75,621

$88,214

$109,710

Henderson, NV

$64,887

$77,459

$90,358

$112,377

Las Vegas, NV

$65,138

$77,759

$90,708

$112,812

North Las Vegas, NV

$65,138

$77,759

$90,708

$112,812

Reno, NV

$63,095

$75,321

$87,864

$109,275

Sparks, NV

$63,095

$75,321

$87,864

$109,275

Sun Valley, NV

$63,095

$75,321

$87,864

$109,275

Information Source- salary.com as of October 30, 2019 (RN-I, RN-II, RN-III, Head Nurse)

Salary of Professionals Holding Similar Designations


The salary of an RN mostly depends on the designation of an employee, his/her experience and the geographical location. In October 2019, the mean weekly wages of Registered Nurse and connected job profiles varied from $1,492 to $2,052, and Registered Nurse – Endoscopy was the highest paid job profession. At the same time, Registered Nurse – Home Health received an average hourly salary of $56.72 and yearly wages fluctuated between $77,499 to $92,333.

Registered Nurse – Medical/Surgical$1,652/week
Registered Nurse – Pediatrics$1,492/week
Registered Nurse – Oncology$1,824/week
Registered Nurse – Operating Room$1,928/week
Registered Nurse – Dialysis$1,811/week
Registered Nurse – Endoscopy$2,052/weak
Registered Nurse – ICU$1,723/week
Interventional Radiology Nurse$1,798/week
Labor and Delivery Nurse$1,876/week
Travel Nurse$1,738/week
Progressive Care Nurse$1,676/week
Registered Nurse – Home Health$56.72/hour
Registered Nurse Case Manager$77,499/year
Registered Nurse – Primary Care$88,367/year
Psychiatric Nurse$92,333/year

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2019)

Other Benefits

The registered nurses receive various perquisites for their growth that are as follows:

  • Paid holiday
  • Vision coverage
  • Discounts for cell phones, local establishments, and fitness centers
  • Pension plans

Job Outlook


There is a huge requirement for nurses in Nevada. According to the assessments by the Trust for America’s Health, various hospitals, and health care institutions persuade the colleges to prepare more and more graduates for the role of an RN under the approval of the Nevada State Board of Nursing. Owing to the lack of nurses, they offer financial aid and perquisites to grab the attention of job seekers. The BLS report informs that between 2016 to 2026, additional 438,100 or 15% additional RNs would be required to throughout the U.S. As per the report of Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development Jan 1, 2017, the total openings for Registered Nurses in the state due to growth and replacements will be 8570 RNs by 2024.

quick RN guide links