fbpx
Find RN schools and get information on the program Show Me Schools

Registered Nurse Salary in Mississippi

As per the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) 2017 survey report, the mean annual and hourly salary was $57,700 and $27.74 respectively. The report further informs that Mississippi employed approximately 28,760 registered nurses in  2016. In this state, RNs represent 25.461 of every thousand jobs.  The average salary of an RN in MS according to indeed.com, in August 2018, is around $55,437, which is 21% below the national average of RN salaries.  The nursing world is full of complexities and challenges. A right program from an approved school prepares you for the same and makes your way easy towards licensing.

Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Mississippi (MS) on Different Percentile

Brackets

The table below explains the percentile income estimated for Registered Nurses. The income of RN varies at different percentile levels.

  • 90% of registered nurses earned less than 78,360; 10% earned more than 78,360.
  • 75% of RNs made less than $66,800; the rest of 25% made more than $66,800.
  • 50% of the employees were paid less than $56,810; the remaining 50% were paid more than $56,810.
  • 25% of nurses were offered less than $47,560; the other 75% were offered more than $47,560.
  • 10% of employees earned less than $41,290 while 90% earned more than $41,290.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$78,360

75%

$66,800

50%

$56,810

25%

$47,560

10%

$41,290

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2017)

Salary as per Geographical Location

The cities in Mississippi comparatively provide lower salary to the registered nurses. According to salary.com July 31, 2018 report, the per year Staff Nurse – RN II salaries ranges from minimum $61,485 to maximum $68,846. The lowest salary is paid by Tupelo ($61,485), and highest by Southaven ($68,846), and Olive Branch ($68,676). So, if you wish to become an RN in this state, you can also have a close look at the previous salary.com October 2014 per annum salary report provided in the table below. Olive Branch and Southaven are the highest paying cities that paid $65,402 and Median Monthly Salary of $5,450.  Meridian is the lowest paying city. The maximum median weekly pay was $1,258 whereas the minimum was $991.

Name of the City

Median Annual

 Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Biloxi

$63,060

$5,255

$1,213

$30

Columbus

$58,728

$4,894

$1,129

$28

Greenville

$61,269

$5,106

$1,178

$29

Gulfport

$58,521

$4,877

$1,125

$28

Hattiesburg

$54,347

$4,529

$1,045

$26

Jackson

$57,460

$4,788

$1,105

$28

Meridian

$51,516

$4,293

$991

$25

Olive Branch

$65,402

$5,450

$1,258

$31

Pascagoula

$60,160

$5,013

$1,157

$29

Southaven

$65,402

$5,450

$1,258

$31

Tupelo

$55,125

$4,594

$1,060

$27

 

 

 

 

 

Information Source- salary.com

Salary of Professionals Holding Related Job Designation

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

Nursing is a very challenging job that is full of duties and responsibilities. Higher designation multiplies the level of responsibility. Therefore, nurses are paid according to their positions. In October 2014, Clinical Nurse Managers were the highest paid professionals with salary of $73,000. Home Health Nurse got $65,000. Salaries for all the positions are mentioned in the table below.

RN First Assistant$68,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse$64,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse$66,000
RN Outpatient Oncology$60,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse$65,000
Psychiatric Nurse$60,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse$66,000
Endoscopy Nurse$61,000
Clinical Nurse Manager$73,000
Postpartum Nurse$61,000
Pediatric Nurse$61,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse$67,000
Progressive Care Nurse$62,000
Ambulatory Nurse$63,000
Home Health Nurse$65,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

The registered nurses are rewarded for their excellent work which is to help society. They are helped with basic and important perks for a better life.

  • Pension benefits
  • Vision coverage
  • Maternity leaves
  • Paid holidays
  • Vacation
  • Personal time off
  • Medical care

Job Outlook

Let us find you the nearest RN school in your state.

Show Me Schools!

Nursing is a promising sector when it comes to job prospects and employment outlook. Every sector or industry gets affected due to the recession, but the need of a nursing workforce is increasing day by day. This is because the population is booming, getting sick and therefore we need nurses. The nurses are the essence of any health care institution. The companies and employers require them to look after the patients, diagnose them, and assist the doctors and to handle every given responsibility. Moreover, it is expected that the institutions will reduce the hours of physicians, which will boost the demand for nurses who have specialized degrees. The BLS also informs that the demand for RNs will increase by 15% between 2016 to 2026 throughouth the U.S.

quick RN guide links