Registered Nurse Salary in Alaska

Registered nurse is one of the top 10 occupations with the largest job opportunities in the U.S., according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Program from recognized a school makes your way to certification easier. Alaska is one of the top five paying states of the U.S. The mean annual and hourly wages, according to the BLS, in May 2013, were $83,640 and $40.21, respectively. In May 2013, the state employed 5,790 registered nurses. Employment per 1,000 jobs was 17.955. As per indeed.com, the average income of RNs in this state, in October 2014, was $49,000. Average RN salaries in AK were 26% lower than national average salaries of these workers. The registered nurse salary in Alaska depends upon a lot of aspects like the job setting, job profile, years of experience, education, location, etc. There are part-time as well as full-time jobs including day and night shifts. The work is exhaustive and rewarding, at the same time.

Yearly/Annual RN Salary in Alaska (AK) on Different Percentile Brackets

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.


The table below will let you know the wages of RNs on different percentile brackets. At different percentile levels, the income of registered nurses was also different.

  • 90% of RNs made less than $110,770; 10% made more than $110,770.
  • 75% of registered nurses earned less than $96,730; the remaining 25% earned more than $96,730.
  • 50% of the employees earned less than $83,370; the rest of 50% earned more than $83,370.
  • 25% of RNs were paid annual wages less than $70,020; 75% were paid more than $70,020.
  • 10% of employees were offered less than $61,720; 90% were offered more than $61,720.  

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$110,770

75%

$96,730

50%

$83,370

25%

$70,020

10%

$61,720

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

Salary as per Geographical Location

Juneau is the highest paying city of Alaska with median annual salary of $77,904 and median monthly salary of $6,492. Except Palmer and Sitka, the median hourly wages in all other cities are similar, i.e., $37. Sitka is the lowest paying city.

Name of the City

Median Annual Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Anchorage

$77,766

$6,481

$1,496

$37

Fairbanks

$77,146

$6,429

$1,484

$37

Juneau

$77,904

$6,492

$1,498

$37

Palmer

$69,859

$5,822

$1,343

$34

Sitka

$64,128

$5,344

$1,233

$31

Wasilla

$76,685

$6,390

$1,475

$37

Information Source- salary.com

Salary of Professionals with Similar Job Designations

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

There are many industries you can work with. Depending upon the industry and work profile, your pay scale varies considerably. The income of an RN also hinges on the job title. Different positions have diverse work environment, distinct responsibilities, and hence, dissimilar salary. According to indeed.com, in October 2014, Clinical Nurse Managers earned the highest income, i.e., $51,000. The earnings of Interventional Radiology Nurse, Renal Dialysis Nurse, and Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse were $47,000. Psychiatric Nurse and RN Outpatient Oncology were among the lowest earners with salary of $42,000.

RN First Assistant $48,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse $45,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse $47,000
RN Outpatient Oncology $42,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse $45,000
Psychiatric Nurse $42,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse $47,000
Endoscopy Nurse $43,000
Clinical Nurse Manager $51,000
Postpartum Nurse $43,000
Pediatric Nurse $43,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse $47,000
Progressive Care Nurse $44,000
Ambulatory Nurse $44,000
Home Health Nurse $45,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

There are many other monetary and non-monetary benefits which one gets while working as an RN. It depends upon the discretion of the employer as which advantages they want to offer to their employees. The general benefits are:

  • Travel benefits
  • Paid time-offs
  • Health insurance
  • Dental coverage
  • Retirement and pension plan
  • Disability insurance
  • Maternity leave
  • Childcare support
  • Various memberships related to the organization
  • Leave benefits

Job Outlook

The job outlook for registered nurses is anticipated to be exceptional in the upcoming years. In Alaska, there will be thousands of new job openings for both the experienced and fresher nurses. However, the employment settings will affect the growth greatly; for example, RN jobs in hospitals are expected to grow slower than those in other healthcare fields. Alaska hospital outpatient facilities are about to witness a rapid growth.