Registered nurse schools in Alaska train the aspirants to become a successful RN and prepares them for shouldering the responsibility of handling any serious medical emergencies in the absence of a doctor. The candidates also learn to become emotionally stable to work with injured and sick people. Moreover, the curriculum of the RN programs is designed to make students learn about recording the patient’s medical history and symptoms, giving the patients appropriate treatment and educating them about the disease.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
The aspirant must meet the below given requirements, in order to get admission in registered nurse school.
- The aspirant is expected to submit the proof of completion of high school or GED.
- The candidate’s age should be 18 years or above.
- The students must be free from any felony.
- You will have to go through and clear the drug test and criminal background check. If the test is found positive, you will not be able to get RN program.
- 80% or above marks in Math and 75% or above in the English language is compulsory to score.
- The submission of level one fingerprint clearance card is also mandatory.
- The aspirant has to deposit his/her valid photo identification and provide his/her social security number.
The candidate has the following options for becoming a successful registered nurse in Alaska.
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN): This program opens door to various nursing careers. The curriculum of this course consists of basics of nursing along with general educational courses, which includes theory, as well as laboratory sessions. It inculcates professional values and critical thinking among potential RNs. If an aspirant desires to take 2 years Associate Degree in Nursing, he/she has to submit $16,881 on an annual basis.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing: Those students, who are planning to begin their nursing career, can apply for this course as it develops strong foundation and provides an intensive curriculum. For completing a 4-year BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) program, you’ll have to submit $1,700 (per term).
- RN to BSN Program: This program is uniquely designed for working RNs, who possess an associate degree. RN to BSN track adds new skills and updates their previous knowledge that creates new job prospects.
- LPN to RN: This coursework is designed for qualified licensed practical nurses, who wish to lift their career by becoming a registered nurse.
Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!
After completing any of the above mentioned curriculums, you must gain the registered nurse certificate by clearing the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX-RN).
- Master of Science in Nursing: It is a very rigorous and intensive program that increases RNs working efficiency and competency. It is designed to provide advanced managerial, decision making and clinical skills, which is necessary for delivering proper care to the patients. The ultimate aim of the MSN is to promote excellence in the nursing practice. It takes around two years to complete this degree.
Top 5 Most Popular
Registered Nurses Colleges
State Accredited Registered Nurse School in Alaska (AK)
It is obligatory for all the applicants to select a state-approved nursing school to complete the curriculum. For the sake of your convenience, we have provided a list of institutes that are recognized by the Alaska Board of Nursing.
- University of Alaska Anchorage- School of Nursing
Address: 3211 Providence Drive, Anchorage, Alaska- 99508
Contact Number: 907-786-1800
Official Website: http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/schoolofnursing/