Find schools and get information on the program Find

Registered Nurse Salary in Oregon

Oregon is the ninth largest state of the U.S. and covers an area of $98,380.64 square miles. It employed 28,490 RNs in May 2013 (as per the BLS). At that time, employment per 1,000 jobs for these professionals was 17.366. According to the survey of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual and per hour registered nurse salary in Oregon was $80,440 and $38.67, respectively, in May 2013. Their median hourly wage was $38.64. The average RN salary in OR was $64,000 (as per the reports of indeed.com, as of October 2014). It was found to be 3% lower than the average income of RNs at the national level. If you also wish to become a registered nurse, take admission in an RN school which prepares you to offer effective care to the patients. Besides, it helps you obtain certification which would be a great achievement in your career.

Annual RN Salary in Oregon (OR) on Different Percentile Brackets

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.

  • 10% of RNs made less than $58,200; 90% made more than $58,200.
  • 25% were remunerated less than $67,890; remaining 75% RNs were paid over $67,890.
  • 50% earned less than $80,360; 50% were paid more than $80,360.
  • 75% of the employees were paid less than $92,130; 25% enjoyed more than $92,130.
  • 90% took home less than $105,710; 10% enjoyed salary more than $105,710.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$105,710

75%

$92,130

50%

$80,360

25%

$67,890

10%

$58,200

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

Salary on the Basis of Geographical Location

There are many cities in this state which provide handsome salary packages to the registered nurses, whereas some other offer less than average. For instance, Eugene paid the highest wages, i.e. $73,289 median annual salary and $6,107 median monthly pay. On the other hand, Bend offered the lowest pay, i.e. $60,512 median yearly salary and $5,043 median monthly salary. The median income of RNs in rest of the cities of the OR fluctuated from $62,440 to $71,085.

Name of the City

Median Annual Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Albany

$68,116

$5,676

$1,310

$33

Beaverton

$71,085

$5,924

$1,367

$34

Bend

$60,512

$5,043

$1,164

$29

Clackamas

$71,085

$5,924

$1,367

$34

Corvallis

$68,116

$5,676

$1,310

$33

Eugene

$73,289

$6,107

$1,409

$35

Gresham

$71,085

$5,924

$1,367

$34

Hillsboro

$71,085

$5,924

$1,367

$34

Lake Oswego

$71,085

$5,924

$1,367

$34

Medford

$62,440

$5,203

$1,201

$30

Oregon City

$71,085

$5,924

$1,367

$34

Portland

$71,085

$5,924

$1,367

$34

Salem

$68,116

$5,676

$1,310

$33

Springfield

$64,266

$5,355

$1,236

$31

Information Source- salary.com (as of October 2014)

Salary of Professionals with Related Job Positions

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

There are several specialisation courses which can be chosen by a registered nurse. These coursework help you attain higher positions and earn a lucrative salary. In October 2014, the highest paid professionals were Clinical Nurse Managers who earned $67,000; following them were RN First Assistants who made $63,000. Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurses and Home Health Nurse were paid $60,000. The lowest paid ($55,000) workers were RN Outpatient Oncology and Psychiatric Nurses.

Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse$62,000
Progressive Care Nurse$57,000
Paediatric Operating Room Nurse$59,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse$61,000
RN Outpatient Oncology$55,000
Home Health Nurse$60,000
Paediatric Nurse$57,000
Clinical Nurse Manager$67,000
RN First Assistant$63,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse$61,000
Endoscopy Nurse$56,000
Postpartum Nurse$57,000
Psychiatric Nurse$55,000
Ambulatory Nurse$58,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse$60,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

Besides salary, the other perks obtained by registered nurses include:

  • Paid leaves
  • Experience credit
  • Leave benefits
  • Disability insurance
  • Paid time-offs
  • Health insurance
  • Tuition assistance 

Job Outlook

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!

Registered nurse is one of the leading health care occupations and is continuously increasing at a fast pace. The BLS has forecasted 19% growth (3,238,400 new openings) for RNs between 2012 and 2022 throughout the USA. All those nurses who have a bachelor’s or higher degree are expected to get better jobs in comparison to others. Besides, the demand for specialised RNs like nurse anaesthetists is anticipated to pick up the pace in the near future.


 

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.