Registered Nurse Salary in Wisconsin

According to the data of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in May 2013, the average registered nurse salary in Wisconsin was $64,460 per annum and $30.99 per hour. The number of working RNs in this year was 56,870 and the employment per thousand jobs was 21.026. A survey conducted by indeed.com reported that RN salary in WI was $59,000 in October 2014, which was 11% lower than the national average salary. A proper training from an approved school will take your career to new heights by making your road to certification very easy.

Annual RN Salary in Wisconsin (WI) on Different Percentile Brackets

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.

  • 90% made less than $85,710; 10% made more than $85,710
  • 75% were paid less than $73,350; 25% were paid above $73,350.
  • 50% RNs earned below $63,260; the other 50% earned above $63,260.
  • 25% were offered less than $54,540 per annum; while remaining 75% were offered more than $54,540.
  • 10% were salaried less than $49,410; 90% were salaried more than $49,410.

Percentile Bracket

Annual Wages

90%

$85,710

75%

$73,350

50%

$63,260

25%

$54,540

10%

$49,410

Information Source- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of May 2013)

Salary as per Geographical Location

The salary of a registered nurse in the state of Wyoming is calculated by considering economical, geographical and educational factors. According to salary.com, Janesville paid $69,294 yearly to its nurses with a median monthly salary of $5,774. It was the highest amount paid by any city in the WI. La Crosse paid $58,576 (lowest) yearly and $4,881 monthly. The median weekly and hourly income of RNs fluctuated from $1,126 to $1,333 and $28 to $31, respectively.

Name of the City

Median Annual Salary

Median Monthly Salary

Median Weekly Salary

Median Hourly Salary

Appleton

$65,450

$5,454

$1,259

$31

Eau Claire

$61,132

$5,094

$1,176

$29

Green Bay

$64,197

$5,350

$1,235

$31

Janesville

$69,294

$5,774

$1,333

$33

Kenosha

$65,202

$5,434

$1,254

$31

La Crosse

$58,576

$4,881

$1,126

$28

Madison

$64,087

$5,341

$1,232

$31

Milwaukee

$64,631

$5,386

$1,243

$31

Oshkosh

$65,450

$5,454

$1,259

$31

Racine

$65,202

$5,434

$1,254

$31

Waukesha

$64,631

$5,386

$1,243

$31

Information Source- salary.com (as of October 2014)

Salary of Professionals Posted on Related Job Designations

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Get Started As A Registered Nurse Today!

There are various job titles and designations in the field of nursing that are assigned on the basis of specialization and education level. These designations have their own job profile and salary packages. For example, Clinical Nurse Managers made $62,000 while Psychiatric Nurses and RN Outpatient Oncology Nurses earned $51,000 (as of October 2014). The average annual salary of Pediatric Operating Room Nurses, Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurses and Home Health Nurses was $55,000. Ambulatory Nurses and Progressive Care Nurses were salaried $54,000 and $53,000, respectively.

RN First Assistant $58,000
Pediatric Operating Room Nurse $55,000
Interventional Radiology Nurse $56,000
RN Outpatient Oncology $51,000
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse $55,000
Psychiatric Nurse $51,000
Renal Dialysis Nurse $57,000
Endoscopy Nurse $52,000
Clinical Nurse Manager $62,000
Postpartum Nurse $52,000
Pediatric Nurse $52,000
Cardiovascular Operating Room Nurse $57,000
Progressive Care Nurse $53,000
Ambulatory Nurse $54,000
Home Health Nurse $55,000

Information Source- indeed.com (as of October 2014)

Other Benefits

There are some benefits which help the registered nurses and their families. They may include-

  • Pension plans
  • Extra bonus
  • Childcare support
  • Experience credit
  • Paid education leaves
  • Disability insurance
  • Life insurance
  • Sick leaves

Job Outlook

Just fill your information and find the nearest school in your state.

Click Here For Local Or Online Schools!

Nursing is an indispensable job in the healthcare sector where employees are always in huge demand. These demands fluctuate on the basis of patients and medical settings. Undoubtedly, the job outlook is very positive in this field. The different statistics and reports clearly show that the job openings for registered nurses will be innumerable in the impending decade. Every nurse can augment his/her portfolio with better education, experience and additional skills, which will help grab the finest available opportunities.